Minutes for 21st April 2016

HANLEY CASTLE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday, 21st April 2016, the Queen’s 90th Birthday starting at 6.00pm in Hanley Swan Village Hall.

Present: Councillors: Sue Roberts (Chairman), Bob Lamb, John Taverner, Wendy Roberts-Powell, Sue Adeney, Sarah Darwent & Alison Bolton

Apologies: Peter Goodyear (PPW), CCllr Tom Wells & DCllrs A & M Morgan

In Attendance: Mrs Rebecca Abunassar (Clerk) arrived at 6.15pm (Cllr Adeney took the minutes whilst absent), Marjorie Nelson (Parish Paths)

50/16 Welcome:

The Chairman welcomed all present to the April Meeting of the Parish Council and thanked the Councillors for agreeing to start at an earlier time to enable those that wished to attended celebrations being held for the Queen’s 90th Birthday. She accepted the apologies submitted to the Clerk. The Chairman also mentioned Cllr Wells accident and Councillors signed a ‘get well’ card for him.

51/16 Declarations of Interest & Dispensation Requests from Councillors:

a) Register of Interests: Councillors were reminded that they should have updated their register of interests and sent them to John Williams at MHDC.

b) To declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in items on the agenda and their nature:

None Declared

c) To declare any Other Disclosable Interests in items on the agenda and their nature:

None Declared

d) To consider and agree all requests from Councillors for the Council to Grant a Dispensation (S33 of the Localism Act 2011)

None Received

Closure of the meeting to allow parishioners present to speak on any matters relating to the Parish:

Marjorie Nelson reported that the large pothole in the cul-de-sac by Corrib Cottage on Roberts End had been repaired.

52/16 Minutes:

The Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 17th March 2016 had been previously circulated and the minutes were approved and were signed.

53/16 Matters Arising & Progress Reports not Listed elsewhere on the Agenda:

a) Min 69c/14: Anne Ballinger gift:

Cllr Darwent had met with AJB Joinery; they would look at the similar noticeboard in Ryall and provide a quotation for both boards required.
ACTION: Cllr Darwent to liaise with AJB Joinery.

b) Min 98c/15: Speed Check on Welland Road:

The Clerk had still not had a response from Safer Roads Partnership following their January meeting so would request an update and feedback on the December Hanley Castle speed monitoring.
ACTION: The Clerk to send a follow up email to find out the outcome of the meeting.

d) Min 176b/15: Road safety improvements at Cross Hands:

Cllr Lamb said that the request to reduce the speed limit to 30mph was on hold due to Cllr Wells’ accident.

e) Parking by the Swan/damage to the Green:

It was discussed and agreed that the best way forward would be to speak with the Landlord and ask that patrons are reminded to use the car park provided. It was also suggested that temporary notices were put up on the hedgerow to advise people not to park at certain points. It was also noted that the Green was being mowed by the Landlord as well as by the Parish Council’s contractor. It was agreed to ask him not to cut it just before or after the contractor’s cuts but if he felt it required cutting in between then the Council would not object.
ACTION: Cllr Darwent to talk to the Landlord. Cllr Roberts to ask Blake about signage if required.

f) Café Market’s Proposal to purchase a VAS:

Cllr Darwent reported the Café Market had £1200 to put towards the proposal which was approximately half of the purchase price. They asked whether the Parish Council would fund the shortfall it was discussed at all were in favour in principle of the proposal of using contingency fund to meet the cost and jointly purchase a new VAS. Once the year end accounts had been considered final decision would be made. A letter of thanks would be sent the Café Market.

54/16 Finance:

a) Payment of Accounts:

Members approved the payments of accounts as in the presented schedule in Appendix 1.

b) Notification of receipts received:

£799 Lengthsman reimbursement from WCC.

c) To receive end of year report

Available at the May meeting

d) Rural Rate Relief

Field Ltd application; option B agreed.

e) Insurance of Community Orchard

Jackie Bass had sent an email asking whether the Parish Council’s insurance would be able to cover the community orchard. The Clerk had emailed the insurance company to ask.

f) Audit Forms deadline had been set for 1st July

g) Pathway works (under item 58/16a)

Community Orchard pathway £785.00 and £700+VAT for Horse Field – it was agreed to meet with Peter on site to discuss.

55/16 Planning:

a) To Consider the following applications referred by MHDC for consultation:

16/00427/HOU Hanley Hall, Gilberts End, Hanley Castle
Installation of a freestanding aluminium greenhouse
No objection

16/00378/HOU Merebrook Farm, Hanley Swan, Worcestershire, WR8 0DX
Erection of barn on site of former barn using salvaged materials to create domestic outbuilding, including guest accommodation. (Part retrospective)
No objection

16/00279/OUT Tansy Cottage, Worcester Road, Hanley Swan, WR8 0EA
Outline application for the erection of a single dwelling with all matter reserved except access.
The application was carefully considered as the site was located just outside the settlement boundary. It was agreed that the circumstances that surrounded the proposal were to be supported and therefore no objection would be lodged.
ACTION: The Clerk to inform MHDC planning of the decisions.

b) To consider under the Scheme of Delegation any Planning Applications received
between the publication of the agenda and the Meeting:
None Received

c) Details of Decision Notices Received to-date:
None Received

d) Details of Appeal Notices Received to-date:
None received

e) Details of enforcement action:
Nothing to report

56/16 Highway Matters:

a) Report & Works for the Lengthsman

Cllr Taverner updated the Council and advised that the VAS was not working properly. The new charger had been received and it was hoped that charging the battery may resolve the issue. The VAS was currently in Welland.

b) Update on reported issues – Ian Bamforth’s visit & Coverfield section road ownership.

Highways had emailed to clarify that Coverfields was the responsibility of a Housing Association but they were not sure which one. They thought it was Fortis Living. The Clerk had emailed the contact provided at Ringway to ask for a quotation to fill in the potholes but had not had a response.
Concerns were raised that the Gilberts End repair work was not going to be as suggested by Ian Bamforth and assurances needed to be sought that they were tying in the work with Western Power.
ACTION: Cllr Adeney to speak to Highways.

57/16 District & County Councillors Reports:

a) District Cllrs Morgan & Morgan:

Cllrs Morgan were not present

b) County Cllr Tom Wells:

Cllr Wells was not present. The Councillors hoped for a speedy recovery following his accident.

58/16 Report of the:

a) Parish Paths & Tree Warden – (Peter Goodyear)

The Warden’s report was read out and his request for funding to repair two paths was discussed. The Council opposed the proposal of funding the repairs to the ‘horse field’ as it was considered to be improving private land at the expense of Council funds. They were very interested in the second proposal for the path that went through the Community Orchard. It was agreed that a site meeting would be arranged with Peter to discuss it prior to the next meeting.

Marjorie Nelson advised that Fiona Argyll had been appointed as the Area Officer. Marjorie had written to them about the Horse Field but was advised there was no money for repair work. The majority of funds were being used to repair bridges in the county.
ACTION: Cllr Roberts to arrange a meeting with Peter Goodyear

b) Pond Wardens (Neil & Gigi Verlander)

None received

c) Playing Field Warden (Graham Holmes)

Email report was read out.

59/16 Environmental Matters:

a) Report of the Environmental Working Group

Cllr Adeney said that the verge was starting to flower with bluebells and frititillary present. Unfortunately the daffodils that flowered were not native so she was going to contact the bulb supplier. She asked if Cllr Roberts could ask the contractor to do further weed killing. It was noted that the Hanley Orchard verge was looking good.
ACTION: Cllr Roberts to speak to the contractor.

60/16 Proposed list of Section 106 projects and formal consultation with Parish Groups and organisations:

No further projects had been proposed so it was agreed to send a gentle reminder out.
ACTION: The Clerk to send a reminder out to the groups.

61/16 Neighbourhood Development Plan:

Cllr Lamb updated the Council on the latest developments of the NHDP. Kate Walker had agreed to work on the design input. The policies were still being drafted and they would aim to have an informal consultation in a few months.

62/16 Correspondence:

a) Malvern Spring Show Tickets

The draw had taken place and the winners were in the process of being notified.

b) Tree Planting Project

Email had been circulated prior to meeting and to the Community Orchard Committee.

c) Bus Timetable

Harriet Baldwin’s email regarding a bus service that the County Council were putting on was read out. Cllr Adeney advised that the time table had been put up on the bus stops and that the online Upton Parish Noticeboard was a good source of information along with their Facebook page. Cllr Adeney said that there were a few issues with the timings and route as it was circular but they would keep the pressure up and ask people to use the service to prove it is needed.

62/16 Topics raised by Councillors, Committees, Clerk & Parishioners:

a) Three Counties

The Three Counties Showground were looking at a 10 year development plan and the 1st phase was putting long cabins in Longdale Wood, they would also be looking to develop/improve the facilities.

b) Big Lunch

Scheduled for the 11th June,11am-4pm Cllr Darwent to email a list of activities to the clerk to confirm they would be covered by the Council’s Insurance policy

63/16 Councillors reports and items for future agenda:

None received

64/16 Date of Next Scheduled Meeting:

19th May 2016 – The Annual Parish Meeting & Annual Meeting of the Parish Council

The meeting closed at 7.25 pm

Signed ……………………………… Date: 19th May 2016

Chairman

Appendix 1: Schedule of Payments & Receipts 21st April 2016

Payment of Accounts: The under mentioned accounts were approved:

1504 The Lengthsman Feb & March Duties 1482.00
1505 Worcestershire CALC Annual Affiliation 714.65
1506 Playsafety Ltd ROSPA Inspection 79.80
1507 Westcotec Ltd VAS Charger 60.00
1508 New Farm Ground Maintenance April Cuts 346.80
1509 Hanley Swan Memorial Hall Annual Hall Hire 120.00
Total 2803.25

Signed ……………………………………… Date: 19th May 2016

Chairman

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s