Minutes for 17th March 2016

HANLEY CASTLE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday, 17th March 2016 starting after a public Bus Service meeting (separate notes) in Hanley Swan Village Hall.

Present: Councillors: Sue Roberts (Chairman), Bob Lamb, John Taverner, Wendy Roberts-Powell, Sue Adeney, Sarah Darwent & Alison Bolton

Apologies: Peter Goodyear (PPW)

In Attendance: Mrs Rebecca Abunassar (Clerk), Tom Wells (CCllr), Mike Morgan (DCllr) and Andrea Morgan (DCllr) Marjorie Nelson (Parish Paths)

33/16 Welcome:

The Chairman welcomed all present to the March Meeting of the Parish Council and accepted the apologies submitted to the Clerk. She thanked all parishioners who had attended the bus service meeting and invited them to stay for the meeting if they wished to do so.

34/16 Declarations of Interest & Dispensation Requests from Councillors:

a) Register of Interests: Councillors were reminded that they should have updated their register of interests and sent them to John Williams at MHDC.

b) To declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in items on the agenda and their nature:

None Declared

c) To declare any Other Disclosable Interests in items on the agenda and their nature:

None Declared

d) To consider and agree all requests from Councillors for the Council to Grant a Dispensation (S33 of the Localism Act 2011)

None Received

Closure of the meeting to allow parishioners present to speak on any matters relating to the Parish.

Marjorie Nelson raised the issue of a large pothole in the cul de sac by Corrib Cottage and September Cottage on Roberts End. It was agreed to report the problem.
ACTION: Clerk to report the pothole.

35/16 Minutes:

The Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 18th February 2016 had been previously circulated and the minutes were approved with the addition of Cllr Wendy Roberts-Powell as present and were signed.

36/16 Matters Arising & Progress Reports not Listed elsewhere on the Agenda:

a) Min 69c/14: Anne Ballinger gift:

The Clerk had received permission from Highways & Worcestershire Pathways regarding the siting of the noticeboards. She had been in contact with the local joinery company AJB Joinery Ltd and they were happy to meet to discuss the Council’s requirements. Cllr Darwent offered to meet with them and said she would contact them to arrange a time.
ACTION: Cllr Darwent to contact and meet with AJB Joinery.

b) Min 98c/15: Speed Check on Welland Road:

The Clerk had still not had a response from Safer Roads Partnership following their January meeting so would request an update and feedback on the December Hanley Castle speed monitoring.
ACTION: The Clerk to send a follow up email to find out the outcome of the meeting.

c) Min 176b/15: Road safety improvements at Cross Hands:

Cllr Lamb said that some of the improvements had been done. The email received about an accident closer to The Rhydd which had been circulated by the Clerk prior to the meeting was discussed and Cllr Lamb agreed to meet with the concerned parishioners.
ACTION: Cllr Lamb to meet with the parishioners.

37/16 Finance:

a) Payment of Accounts: Members approved the payments of accounts as in the presented schedule in Appendix 1.

b) Notification of receipts received: None received.

38/16 Planning:

a) To Consider the following applications referred by MHDC for consultation:

None received

b) To consider under the Scheme of Delegation any Planning Applications received
between the publication of the agenda and the Meeting:

None Received

c) Details of Decision Notices Received to-date:

None Received

d) Details of Appeal Notices Received to-date:

None received

e) Details of enforcement action:

Nothing to report

39/16 Highway Matters:

a) Report & Works for the Lengthsman:

Cllr Taverner updated the Council on the Lengthsman’s activity. The VAS had been returned and was working well; Castlemorton had asked if the rota could be altered and it was agreed to speak to Gerry Brienza and ask him to alter it so that it wasn’t in Castlemorton over the school holidays.

b) Update on reported issues – Ian Bamforth’s visit & Coverfield section road ownership:

Orange circles had appeared in Gilberts End and the road closure notice was in place for the Western Power work to be undertaken. The Clerk had emailed the contact provided to ask for a quotation for the work to be undertaken at Coverfield and was awaiting a response.

40/16 District & County Councillors Reports:

a) District Cllrs Morgan & Morgan: Cllr M Morgan advised that the SWDP had been approved and would now be given the highest regard and could be referred to in planning comments.

b) County Cllr Tom Wells: Cllr Wells updated the Council on the Worcester Road broadband and said that it was anticipated to be available later in the year.

41/16 Report of the:

a) Parish Paths & Tree Warden (Peter Goodyear):

The Warden’s report was read out. Marjorie Nelson asked the Council if it would consider going back into the pathways scheme as they could receive up to £500 a year which would cover some of the requested work such as finger posts, way-marks and strimming. The Probation Trust had also been back in touch so she advised they might be able to undertake some of the strimming work. Marjorie said she would like to thank the Parish Council for their support but Cllr Roberts said it was not they that should be thanked and the Council was extremely thankful to herself and Peter for all their hard work.
Cllr Taverner asked if there was any news on the footpath by Balcony Orchard close to the stable block. Marjorie said unfortunately it was recognised that it was a major problem but there was a back log of work within the pathsway department.

b) Pond Wardens (Neil & Gigi Verlander):

None received

c) Playing Field Warden (Graham Holmes):

Graham had provided the Council with a set of dates for bookings that he had received for the field. Cllr Roberts advised that Malcolm Waggett would charge £20 to mend the fence mentioned in the previous month’s report. It was also reported that the wooden fence round the play area was wobbly and Malcolm would also be asked to look at that.

42/16 Environmental Matters:

a) Report of the Environmental Working Group

Cllr Taverner said that the grass had been cut by Chapmans Orchard and looked really good. He said that Pete was not authorised to do spraying work on the Malvern Road but Cllr Adeney had someone in mind to do the work.

43/16 Proposed list of Section 106 projects and formal consultation with Parish Groups and organisations:

No further projects had been proposed so it was agreed to send a gentle reminder out.
ACTION: The Clerk to send a reminder out to the groups.

44/16 Neighbourhood Development Plan:

Cllr Lamb updated the Council on the latest developments of the NHDP. They had started drafting the first draft but were still bottoming out all the policies but hoped to have it sorted by the middle of April.

45/16 Correspondence:

a) Café Market’s email to Gerry Brienza regarding the purchase of a VAS:

Cllr Darwent talked the Council through the Café Market’s proposal which Cllr Taverner commented was a very generous offer. Cllr Roberts asked what percentage they were wanting from the Council, Cllr Darwent said that she would go back to the Café Market and get a more accurate idea of their proposal.

b) Three Counties Show Tickets:

24 tickets had been received but they stated the Thursday date so the Clerk was asked to confirm that they would be valid on any day. Cllr Roberts-Powell said that the notices had all gone up and that the draw would take place on the 9th April.

c) Tree Planting Project:

Email had been circulated prior to meeting

46/16 Topics raised by Councillors, Committees, Clerk & Parishioners:

a) Bus Service:

A separate summary of the bus meeting would be circulated, Cllr Adeney offered to put a letter together to encourage parishioners to write. The Clerk to send the summary to Cllr Adeney.

b) Creation of an Emergency Plan:

Cllr Lamb asked whether it was felt that the Parish required an emergency plan for events such as a fire at the school or a major car accident. A discussion took place about what would happen and whether there would be any merit in putting together a plan. It was decided that there was little benefit at the moment.

c) Parish Conference:

Cllr Lamb informed the Council on the Parish Conference that he had attended at County Hall. He said there was a session on Section 106 & CIL. There is going to be a review of section 106 and CIL so changes could happen in the future. Highways did a presentation on Streetscape design and the new spec for transport infrastructure.

47/16 Councillors reports and items for future agenda:

a) Big Lunch:

Scheduled for the 11th June

48/16 Date of Next Scheduled Meeting:

21st April 2016

The meeting closed at 9.20 pm

Signed ……………………………… Date: 21st April 2016

Chairman

Appendix 1: Schedule of Payments & Receipts 17th March 2016

Payment of Accounts: The under mentioned accounts were approved:

1495 Westcotec Carriage to repair VAS 30.00
1496 WDBF Ltd Glebe Account Rent for Glebe 125.00
1497 The Clerk Stamps & Paper 18.60
1498 The Clerk Feb & March Pay 748.16
1499 The Clerk Microsoft Home Renewal 79.99
1500 Groundwork UK Grant repayment VOID
1501 Gregory Key Clearing land by school 200.00
1502 HMRC Q4 Tax PAYE Q4 25.20
1503 Groundwork UK Grant repayment 2303.15
Total 3530.10

Signed ……………………………………… Date: 21st April 2016

Chairman

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s