Minutes for 18th February 2016

HANLEY CASTLE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday, 18th February 2016 starting at 7:00pm in Hanley Swan Village Hall.

Present: Councillors: Sue Roberts (Chairman), Bob Lamb, John Taverner, Wendy Roberts-Powell, Sue Adeney.

Apologies: Councillors Sarah Darwent & Alison Bolton, Peter Goodyear (PPW), Andrea Morgan (DCllr)

In Attendance: Mrs Rebecca Abunassar (Clerk) and Mike Morgan (DCllr) and
Mr Tony Atkinson

17/16 Welcome: The Chairman welcomed all present to the February Meeting of the Parish Council and accepted the apologies submitted to the Clerk.

18/16 Declarations of Interest & Dispensation Requests from Councillors

a) Register of Interests: Councillors were reminded that they should have updated their register of interests and sent them to John Williams at MHDC.

b) To declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in items on the agenda and their nature: None Declared

c) To declare any Other Disclosable Interests in items on the agenda and their nature: None Declared

d) To consider and agree all requests from Councillors for the Council to Grant a Dispensation (S33 of the Localism Act 2011) – None Received

Closure of the meeting to allow parishioners present to speak on any matters relating to the Parish. No matters were raised.

19/16 Minutes

The Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 21st January 2016 had been previously circulated and the minutes were approved with the addition of Cllr Wendy Roberts—Powell as present and were signed.

20/16 Matters Arising & Progress Reports not Listed elsewhere on the Agenda:

a) Min 69c/14: Anne Ballinger gift: The Clerk was still awaiting permission from Highways & Worcestershire Pathways regarding the siting.
Action: The Clerk to chase WCC for a response regarding the proposed locations were possible to use and to get quotations for noticeboards and plaques.

b) Min 98c/15: Speed Check on Welland Road – The Clerk had not heard back from Safer Roads Partnership following their January meeting so would request an update and feedback on the December camera campaign at Hanley Castle.
ACTION: The Clerk to send a follow up email to find out the outcome of the meeting.

d) Min 176b/15: Road safety improvements at Cross Hands – This item was deferred until later in the meeting, in case Cllr Wells arrived.

21/16 Finance:

a) Payment of Accounts: Members approved the payments of accounts as in the presented schedule in Appendix 1.

b) Notification of receipts received: None received.

22/16 Projects related to the Section 106 Funding:

a) Parish Council: The signage from the Big Lottery Fund had arrived and Cllr Roberts offered to arrange for it to be put up.
ACTION: Cllr Roberts to arrange for it to be put up.

23/16 Planning:

a) To Consider the following applications referred by MHDC for consultation:

None received

b) To consider under the Scheme of Delegation any Planning Applications received
between the publication of the agenda and the Meeting:

16/00250/PDU & 16/00252/PDU – Butcher’s Shop & Store, Worcester Road,
Hanley Swan
Proposed conversion of Butcher’s Store & Shop to residential building.
The Clerk had contacted Ian Hiscox at MHDC planning to discuss the proposal as it came under new permitted development legislation and was not a planning application. The Parish Council looked at the relevant clauses and confirmed that it met the criteria. They commented that the store would be extremely small and asked that this comment be passed onto the Planning Officer.
ACTION: The Clerk to pass on the Parish Council’s comments.

c) Details of Decision Notices Received to-date:

15/00419/FUL – New headquarters for ESP Ltd including production facility, storage and distribution warehouse, staff welfare accommodation, offices and workshop. Diversion of culvert. Amendments to access road and car parking. Landscaping to blend in with surrounding area. Existing office building on site to be retained.
LOCATION: Land at Blackmore Park Industrial Estate, Hanley Swan,
APPROVED 23rd January 2016

16/00078/S73 – application for variation of conditions
LOCATION: White House, Gilberts End
APPROVED 16th February 2016

d) Details of Appeal Notices Received to-date: None received

e) Details of enforcement action: Nothing to report

24/16 Highway Matters

a) Report & Works for the Lengthsman – The VAS had been sent to Westcotec who had repaired it and were returning the sign. It had a loose connection which was fixed free of charge.
Cllr Taverner updated the Council on the Lengthsman’s current activities; he reported that he had worked on clearing the footpath outside Dorothy Bowen’s house. Cllr Taverner also mentioned the matter of people parking and driving over the edge of the Green by The Swan as brought up by Cllr Darwent at the previous meeting. He said it was due to people trying pass poorly parked cars and wasn’t sure what could be done about stopping it as it tended to be visitors and not villagers that were causing the problem. After a discussion it was agreed the Clerk would investigate the cost of posts/plaques that would prevent people from driving on the grass and also that the Lengthsman would be asked to keep an eye in it and fill in any ruts prior to the start of the mowing season.
ACTION: The Clerk to look at post costs and Cllr Taverner to speak to the Lengthsman.

b) Update on reported issues – Ian Bamforth’s visit & Coverfield section road ownership.
The Clerk had received contact details for the Highways repair team that morning so advised she would contact them to ask about the costs of repair of the potholes at Coverfield.
A letter had been received advising the date that the Western Power work would take place along Gilberts End. It was anticipated that the surface repair work would take place after this which would be in the next financial year.
ACTION: The Clerk to look into costs of repairs.

25/16 District & County Councillors Reports

a) District Cllrs Morgan & Morgan: Cllr M Morgan said there was not too much to report from MHDC. He said they had hoped to limit the Council Tax rise to 2% as in previous years but they needed to raise it by £5 per band D property which equated to a 2.5% increase. He continued to say that the SWDP would hopefully be adopted shortly and once it was CIL would be able to be claimed. Cllr Lamb asked if once the SWDP was passed it bring an end to developments outside the parish boundaries being proposed? Cllr Morgan responded that it would help to prevent those that were not included within the SWDP. If applications were lodged but they had not been determined at the time the SWDP was passed then it could be taken into account but applications could not be held off being determined whilst the SWDP was approved.

b) County Cllr Tom Wells: Cllr Wells was not present.

26/16 Report of the:

a) Parish Paths & Tree Warden – (Peter Goodyear)- The Warden’s report was read out.

b) Pond Wardens (Neil & Gigi Verlander) – None received

c) Playing Field Warden (Graham Holmes) – The Chairman had met Graham and he had reported that the fence round the field was damaged in places. It was agreed to get a price for the repairs.
ACTION: Cllr Roberts to speak to Malcolm Waggett.

27/16 Environmental Matters

a) Report of the Environmental Working Group – Cllr Adeney reported that Saturday 5th March would be litter pick day in line with the ‘Clean for the Queen’ initiative and that she would arrange for posters and the communication of the event. She asked Cllr Morgan if he knew who had replaced Gordon Morris as he had previously organised the litter picking equipment. Cllr Morgan said he would find out. Cllr Adeney talked about the things that were happening to celebrate the Queen’s 90th birthday and that the parish would look to hold an event possibly on the 11th June. Cllr Morgan said that Upton Primary were putting on an extravaganza in Upton on the Saturday 11.30 – 4 so it would be good to tie it all in together.
Cllr Adeney reported on the verge project and was pleased to say that bulbs were popping up but unfortunately so were the nettles. She said that they needed to be sprayed and could the Council ask someone to do it. Cllr Roberts said that she would ask if Malcolm Waggett could to spray the nettles.
ACTION: Cllr Adeney to organise the advertisement of the litter pick. Cllr Morgan to find out Gordon Morris’ replacement. Cllr Roberts to ask Malcolm if he could spray the nettles.

28/16 Neighbourhood Development Plan – Cllr Lamb updated the other Councillors on the latest activity. They had spent the grant money available to them on consultancy to be used at a later date but it was anticipated that an amount would still be required to be repaid. They had met with MHDC to look at the process of drafting the plan. Cllr Lamb was working on a design guide and advised that they were beginning to enter the end game but there was still a lot to do.

29/16 Correspondence

a) SWDP – Inspector’s report – Circulated prior to the meeting

b) Play Area Inspection – Undertaken on 4th February, report awaited.

c) Robert Williams – Response regarding Section 106 funding was read out. Cllr Lamb suggested he asked Gerry Brienza how Highways spend 106 funding.
ACTION: Cllr Lamb to discuss Highways Section 106 spending with Gerry Brienza

30/16 Topics raised by Councillors, Committees, Clerk & Parishioners

a) Road safety improvements at Cross Hands – to try and prevent cars going off the road, including barriers, mini roundabouts, 30mph etc raised by Cllr Lamb. Cllr Lamb had received an email from Gerry Brienza explaining that armco is there to protect the drivers and the infrastructure is not suitable for protecting people so it would not be suitable for use as hoped. The best thing to do would be to request a 30mph speed limit. The warning lines had been repainted and they were going to install better ‘give way’ signs and had repaired the bollard.

b) Speed information resulting from the cameras located within the village – nothing had been received so the Clerk said she would contact Safer Roads Partnership and ask for the information.

c) Spring Show Tickets – Nothing had been received yet so the Clerk offered to email Ken Nottage to ask if their offer of free tickets for parishioners would be repeated in 2016.
ACTION: The Clerk to contact Safer Roads. The Clerk to email Ken Nottage

31/16 Councillors reports and items for future agenda:

a) Queen’s 90th Birthday Celebrations

32/16 Date of Next Scheduled Meeting: 17th March 2016

The meeting closed at 8.20 pm
Signed ……………………………… Date: 17th March 2016
Chairman

Appendix 1: Schedule of Payments & Receipts 18th February 2016

Payment of Accounts: The under mentioned accounts were approved:

1490 The Clerk Jan Pay & Admin

374.08

1491 Internet Technology Systems Ltd 1 year web hosting

78.00

1492 Miss S Roberts Chairman’s Allowance

75.00

1493 Peter Saunston January Lengthsman Duties

390.00

1494 Data Orchard NDP Consultancy

787.65

Total

1779.73

Signed ……………………………………… Date: 17th March 2016

Chairman

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s