Minutes for 21st January 2016

HANLEY CASTLE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday, 21st January 2016 starting at 7:00pm in Hanley Swan Village Hall.


Present: Councillors: Sue Roberts (Chairman), Bob Lamb, Sarah Darwent, John Taverner, Alison Bolton, Sue Adeney, Wendy Roberts-Powell.

Apologies: Peter Goodyear (PPW), Mike Morgan (DCllr)

In Attendance: Mrs Rebecca Abunassar (Clerk) and Andrea Morgan (DCllr) and Tom Wells (CCllr) arrived at 8.20pm

01/16 Welcome: The Chairman welcomed all present to the first Meeting of the Parish Council in 2016 and accepted the apologies submitted to the Clerk.

02/16 Declarations of Interest & Dispensation Requests from Councillors

a) Register of Interests: Councillors were reminded that they should have updated their register of interests and sent them to John Williams at MHDC.

b) To declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in items on the agenda and their nature: None Declared

c) To declare any Other Disclosable Interests in items on the agenda and their nature: Cllr Adeney declared an interest in item 4) min 145/15 as a neighbour.

d) To consider and agree all requests from Councillors for the Council to Grant a Dispensation (S33 of the Localism Act 2011) – None Received

Closure of the meeting to allow parishioners present to speak on any matters relating to the Parish. No parishioners were present.

03/16 Minutes

The Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 19th November 2015 had been previously circulated and the minutes were approved and signed.

04/16 Matters Arising & Progress Reports not Listed elsewhere on the Agenda:

a) Min 69c/14: Anne Ballinger gift: The Clerk required the exact location for the proposed noticeboard so that Highways approval could be sought. It was agreed the preferred site would be on the Welland Road on the grass opposite the junction for Pickens End. A local carpentry firm had been contacted and were happy to provide a quotation for the work. An email had also been sent to the Worcestershire Countryside department asking for permission to use the back of their information board by the pond but no response had been received at the time of the meeting.
Action: The Clerk to check with WCC that the proposed locations were possible to use and to get quotations for noticeboards and plaques.

a) Min 98a/15: Parking Issue at HCHS: Cllr Lamb updated the Council on the meeting held on the 9th December. He said that the work that had been done to date had had limited success. The real solution would be to extend the bus layby to create additional parking but it would cost in the region of £100,000. It would be cheaper if it could be done whilst the existing contractors were on site and therefore Section 106 funding was being investigated. The Parish Council had agreed to write to R J Williams at WCC asking about Section 106 and CIL funding as it was hoped they were looking for additional projects to fund. Cllr Roberts advised she had drafted a letter to Mr Williams. Cllr Lamb had spoken to Roger Sutton who informed him that Lindsey Cooke was intending to write requesting Section 106 funding. The question was also raised about the Section 106 funding from the 4 houses granted permission at Gilberts End and specified in the conditions. It was agreed to contact MHDC planning department to ask.
ACTION: The Clerk to contact MHDC and ask about 106 monies attached to the Gilberts End Development.

b) Min 98c/15: Speed Check on Welland Road – The Clerk had spoken to Safer Roads Partnership and they would discuss the matter at their January meeting.
ACTION: The Clerk to send a follow up email to find out the outcome of the meeting.

c) Min 145/15: Brickwalls Barn: Cllr Adeney asked if the letters had been distributed to the residents and Cllr Roberts confirmed that they had been. Cllr Morgan asked if she could have a copy of the letter.
ACTION: Cllr Roberts to send a copy of the letter to Cllr Morgan.

d) Min 176b/15: Road safety improvements at Cross Hands – Cllr Lamb asked to discuss this later in the Agenda when Cllr Wells was present.

05/16 Finance:

a) Payment of Accounts: Members approved the payments of accounts as in the presented schedule in Appendix 1.

b) Notification of receipts received: None received.

c) To consider the 2016-2017 budget: Cllr Taverner had met with the Clerk and produced a draft budget that was distributed for consideration. He talked through the rationale behind the budget that he was proposing and said that it would equate to a 2.35% increase to a band D property. Cllr Lamb asked whether the Library donation would be repeated again and therefore needed to be included within the budget. Cllr Roberts said it was a one-off payment that may be reviewed in the future.
Cllr Taverner proposed a precept request of £19,700 be made to MHDC. This was seconded by Cllr Roberts and all councillors voted in favour.
ACTION: The Clerk to submit request for a £19,700 precept to MHDC.

06/16 Projects related to the Section 106 Funding:

a) Parish Council: The signage from the Big Lottery Fund was still outstanding and would be reordered.
ACTION: The Clerk to order the signage and arrange for it to be put up.

07/16 Planning:

a) To Consider the following applications referred by MHDC for consultation:
15/01706/HOU – Dyfnant Cottage, Gilberts End, Hanley Castle –
Proposed rear extension
No objections were raised.
ACTION: The Clerk to contact the relevant planning officer with the council’s decision.

b) To consider under the Scheme of Delegation any Planning Applications received
between the publication of the agenda and the Meeting:

15/01766/PDU – Agricultural Barn at Brickwalls Barn, Gilberts End
Proposed conversion of agricultural building to a residential building.
No notification of this proposal had been received as it came under new permitted development legislation and was not a planning application.
ACTION: The Clerk to contact Ian Hiscox at MHDC to determine whether the Parish Council can comment or object to the proposal.

16/00020/OUT – Land adjoining Picken End, Hanley Swan
Outline application with all matters reserved for the erection of 4 dwellings.
Details of the application were not available to discuss and it was agreed that the Councillors would look at the application when the documents were online and feedback to the Clerk to respond.
ACTION: Councillors to respond to the Clerk who would contact the relevant planning officer with the council’s decision.

c) Details of Decision Notices Received to-date:

15/01310/HOU The Old Granary, Merebrook Farm, Hanley Swan, Worcestershire,
Ground floor link lobby infill extension and lower ground floor garage projection extension.
APPROVED 4th December 2015

15/00808/FUL Proposal for 4 new dwellings and creation of new vehicular access
Land off Gilberts End Lane, Gilberts End Lane Hanley Castle
APPROVED 30th December 2015
subject to conditions; one of which Demolition/ground works/construction work shall not take place outside the following hours:
a. Monday to Friday – 07.30-18.00 hrs
b. Saturdays – 07.30-13.00 hrs.
c. There shall be no such work on Sundays or Public Holidays.

d) Details of Appeal Notices Received to-date: None received

e) Details of enforcement action: Nothing to report

08/16 Highway Matters

a) Report & Works for the Lengthsman – The Lengthsman had advised the Clerk that the VAS was not working properly again and the Clerk had contacted Westcotec to let them know and to determine if it was worthwhile fixing again.
Cllr Taverner updated the Council on the Lengthsman’s current activities; he had begun siding out grips and clearing drain tops. He had also started to clean the signs within the two villages but had noted some were in very poor condition.
Cllr Darwent raised the issue of people parking on the Green and damaging it. Cllr offered to put a note in the Parish Link reminding people not to park or drive on the Green.
ACTION: The Clerk to liaise with Westcotec. Cllr Lamb to put a note in the Parish Link regarding parking on the Green.

b) Update on reported issues – Ian Bamforth’s visit & Coverfield section road ownership.
Ian Bamforth had finally responded following his visit in the summer and his email was read out. Western Power were due to undertake work along Gilberts End and the resurfacing would be scheduled once that work was completed.
Nothing had been heard back regarding Coverfield and it was decided to contact the Land registry office to determine ownership of the land. Also it was agreed to investigate the cost of filling the potholes to determine if the Parish Council could fund the repair as a one off gesture. Cllr Wells offered to contribute £1000 towards the cost, it was suggested contacting the British Legion to see if they would also make a donation.
ACTION: The Clerk to write to Land Registry and look into costs of repairs.

09/16 District & County Councillors Reports

a) District Cllrs Morgan & Morgan: Cllr Morgan wished everyone a Happy New Year and apologised for her absence over the last months of 2015. She said she was very happy to get involved and to let her know if there was anything that the Parish Council required assistance with.

b) County Cllr Tom Wells: Cllr Wells reported that the half marathon would no longer be taking place anymore which was a shame as it went through the two villages.
He updated the Council on Broadband and said that the Worcester Road cabinet was scheduled for superfast broadband by September next year at the latest.
He talked about his meeting with Gerry Brienza, David Jew and Cllr Lamb at Cross Hands Corner. It was suggested putting up a new sign on the approach and to repaint the lines. It was noted that the light inside the bollard still did not work. Cllr Wells said that he would like the speed limit to be reduced to 30 mph but the guidance given was 20 properties along 600m of the stretch of road. The Council discussed this fact and it was agreed that with the existing houses, the proposed development and the School there was grounds to put a case forward requesting the speed limit be reduced. Cllr Lamb offered to write a letter to David Jew requesting it be considered.
Cllr Wells went on to update the Councillors on the County Council’s activities. They were intending to increase council tax by around 3.95% because they were permitted an additional 2% increase if ring fenced for elderly care. It was predicted that the cost of adult services would dramatically increase over the coming years. The County Council were also trying to reduce costs by outsourcing services. He went on to talk about the Ketch Roundabout debacle and the independent review that was taking place.
Cllr Adeney asked him about the bus service. She said that the 5:50pm bus from Worcester was always late and so was the 4:40pm, they seemed to be more concerned about efficiency than punctuality and that they had no way of catching up so it was a knock-on effect. She said that it was totally unsatisfactory and could he please look into it. Cllr Wells explained that unfortunately as the County Council were no longer subsidising the buses they had no leverage over them anymore but he would raise the point.
He finished his report by saying that the County Council had £12 million to improve the roads and were considering the best roads for resurfacing.
ACTION: Cllr Lamb to write to David Jew. Cllr Wells to raise the issue of the poor bus service.

10/16 Report of the:

a) Parish Paths Warden – (Peter Goodyear)- The Warden’s report was read out.

b) Pond Wardens (Neil & Gigi Verlander) – None received

c) Playing Field Warden (Graham Holmes) – None received

11/16 Environmental Matters

a) Report of the Environmental Working Group – Cllr Adeney reported that the verge had been cut and bulbs were starting to appear. The area by Chapmans Orchard would be cut when the school grass is cut. More signs had been put up on the Cycle Path but it was still missing a Dismount Sign.

12/16 Neighbourhood Development Plan – Cllr Lamb updated the other Councillors on the latest activity. The two things being worked on were: finalising the policy wording and the Design Guide which will be a supplementary document to the Plan itself. He was working closely with the consultants as the grant funding was only available for another month.
He said highways and traffic were the big issues so a meeting had been held with Gerry Brienza to discuss what might be possible, who might pay for the improvements etc. It was decided that clearly marking the entrance to the villages would assist with traffic issues and installation of entrance gates, road narrowing sections, rumble strips, a pedestrian road crossing, parking bays, mini islands and fencing of the Village Green were all possible methods to consider. Cllr Lamb said that he would circulate the minutes from his meeting to the Council.
Cllr Adeney said that she was keen to encourage the use of the Village Green and that fencing it would help with as it would make it feel secure.
ACTION: Cllr Lamb to circulate the minutes from his meeting. Cllr Adeney to look into the fencing of the Green as a new project.

13/16 Correspondence

a) Village Hall Survey – Forwarded to Tony Atkinson for completion by the Village Hall Committee

b) Tesco Community Grants – It was agreed not to pursue this at present.

c) Section 106 Evaluation Form – It was agreed that the Clerk would complete the evaluation form for Jo Cross

d) Couch 2 5k Running Programme – An email from Andy Norman advertising his programme was read out and it was agreed to forward it to Grant Mathews at HCHS.

e) Welland Neighbourhood Plan – Comments were required to be submitted by 31st January. Cllr Lamb said that he would review it.

14/16 Topics raised by Councillors, Committees, Clerk & Parishioners –

a) Proposed list of Section 106 projects and formal consultation with Parish Groups and organisations: A list had been produced by Cllr Roberts and it was agreed to write to each of the organisations asking for project suggestions. Cllr Lamb said that he would also put an invitation for suggestions in the Parish Link but it was agreed that this would be deferred until the March Edition.
ACTION: The Clerk to write to the organisations and Cllr Lamb to include request in the March Parish Link.

b) Hanley Court Dispute – Cllr Roberts had been contacted by a resident of Hanley Court and informed of a parking dispute between home owners of Hanley Court and the owner of the village shop. It had been ongoing for a few years but was preventing residents from selling their houses so they were seeking legal advice and wanted to makethe Parish Council aware of the situation.

c) Hanley Road Car Park – The back entrance to the Hanley Road car park had been blocked by MHDC. It was reportedly done to prevent it from being used as a cut through and as a method to reduce speed and prevent injury in the car park. The closing had impacted on the surrounding roads and traffic flow through Upton. The Clerk was asked to write to Jack Heggarty asking for the entrance to be re-opened and an alternative method to reduce speed within the car park used.

d) New Parish Vicar – Cllr Adeney had the pleasure of announcing a new priest in charge had been appointed to the parish. He was coming from St Alban’s Diocese and would start late summer as he had school aged children. The family would be living in Upton.

15/16 Councillors reports and items for future agenda:

a) Queen’s 90th Birthday Celebrations

16/16 Date of Next Scheduled Meeting: 18th February 2016

The meeting closed at 9.25 pm

Signed ……………………………… Date: 18th February 2016
Chairman

Appendix 1: Schedule of Payments & Receipts 21st January 2016

Payment of Accounts: The under mentioned accounts were approved:

1483 The Lengthsman December Lengthsman

143.00

1484 The Clerk December pay

374.08

1485 HMRC Q3 Tax Q3 Tax

25.20

1486 NHDP Steering Group NHDP Memory Stick

5.99

1487 Hanley Swan Memorial Hall NHDP Hire 26/09 & 25/11

30.00

1488 Worcestershire CALC Training Courses

120.00

1489 Biosphere Verge Flaying

390.00

Total

1088.27

Signed ……………………………………… Date: 18th February 2016

Chairman

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s