Minutes for 15th October 2015

HANLEY CASTLE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday, 15th October 2015 starting at 7:00pm in Hanley Swan Village Hall.

Present: Councillors: Sue Roberts (Chairman); Bob Lamb; Sue Adeney; Sarah Darwent; John Taverner; Alison Bolton

Apologies: Peter Goodyear (PPW); Andrea Morgan (DCllr)

In Attendance: Mrs Rebecca Abunassar (Clerk); Mike Morgan (DCllr); Tony Atkinson (Parishioner)

149/15 Welcome:

The Chairman welcomed all present to the Meeting of the Parish Council.

150/15 Declarations of Interest & Dispensation Requests from Councillors

a) Register of Interests: Councillors were reminded that they should have updated their register of interests and sent them to John Williams at MHDC.

b) To declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in items on the agenda and their nature: none declared.

c) To declare any Other Disclosable Interests in items on the agenda and their nature: Cllr Adeney declared an interest in item 4) min 145/15 as a neighbour0.

d) To Consider Written Requests from Councillors for the Council to Grant a Dispensation (S33 of the Localism Act 2011) – written requests to be with the clerk at least 4 days prior to a meeting – It was agreed to have a specific item on the agenda at the next meeting to discuss and finalise dispensations for the current term of office.
ACTION: The Clerk to add a Dispensation Item onto the next agenda.

Closure of the meeting to allow parishioners present to speak on any matters relating to the Parish.

No issues raised.

151/15 Minutes

The Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 17th September 2015 had been previously circulated and the minutes were approved and signed.

152/15 Matters Arising & Progress Reports not Listed elsewhere on the Agenda:

a) Min 69c/14: Anne Ballinger gift: Cllr Darwent asked if the idea of purchasing noticeboards for parishioners to use had been put forward. It was confirmed that it had not and that it would be a good idea to look into the costs of a few noticeboards with commemorative plaques to be included.

Action: The Clerk source cost of noticeboards and plaques.

b) Min 45b/15 Blackmore Bus Stop: This item was deferred to the next meeting as an appropriate contact at the County Council could not be located.

ACTION: Add Blackmore Bus Stop to the agenda and ask if Chris Holloway’s replacement could attend. Let the residents by the lay by know it is to be discussed.

c) Min 98a/15: Parking Issue at HCHS: Cllr Darwent attended the second leaflet drop at the school. She commented that the people spoken to were not as friendly as they had been on the first occasion and although a letter had been sent out to parents many still continued to park on the verge. Cllr Adeney reported that there had been an accident on Church End and that it would be beneficial to set a follow up meeting with the school in mid-November to keep the pressure up. She also said that a pupil had been knocked off her bike whilst using the cycle path. Luckily no harm was done as the car was pulling out of their driveway but it was agreed a note should be put in the Parish Link to remind residents to take care when crossing the cycle path.

ACTION: The Clerk to arrange a date for a follow up meeting with the school and Cllr Lamb to place a reminder in the parish magazine.

d) Min 98b/15: St Gabriel’s Wood: Caroline Sutton had emailed the Clerk with the details of the owner of the wood.

e) Min 98c/15: Speed Check on Welland Road – The Clerk had emailed Sally McPheardon but the request was still outstanding with Safer Roads Partnership.

ACTION: The Clerk to send a follow up email request.

f) Min 145/15: Brickwalls Barn: The Clerk had written to Mr & Mrs Smith asking to arrange a meeting to discuss the issues that had been raised at the September Parish Council meeting. They had responded to say they were happy to meet with the Councillors and Cllr Roberts would contact them with a date.

ACTION: Cllr Roberts to arrange a meeting with the owners.

153/15 Finance:

a) Payment of Accounts: Members approved the payments of accounts as in the presented schedule in Appendix 1.

b) Notification of receipts received: 2nd instalment of the precept £9650.

154/15 Projects related to the Section 106 Funding:

a) Parish Council: The signage from the Big Lottery Fund was still outstanding and would be reordered.

ACTION: The Clerk to order the signage and arrange for it to be put up.

155/15 Planning:

a) To Consider the following applications referred by MHDC for consultation:

15/01205/FUL – Oakmere, Oakmere Park, Hanley Swan
Demolition of an existing store and an erection of a new office and equipment store for caravan park

15/01282/LBC – Brickwalls Farm, Gilberts End, Hanley Castle
Replacement of existing windows, alternative to approval of 15/0445/LBC

Both applications were discussed and it was agreed that there were no objections to either application.

ACTION: The Clerk to contact the relevant planning officers with the council’s decisions.

b) To consider under the Scheme of Delegation any Planning Applications received
between the publication of the agenda and the Meeting:

None received

c) Details of Decision Notices Received to-date:

None received

d) Details of Appeal Notices Received to-date:

None received

e) Details of enforcement action:

Nothing to report

155a/15 Highway Matters

a) Report & Works for the Lengthsman
Cllr Taverner reported no issues for the Lengthsman and that all the requests from the last meeting were completed within 48 hours of their request. He said that he would remind him to look at the verge by the school

b) Update on reported issues
Ian Bamforth’s visit & Coverside section road ownership.
It was noted that Ian Bamforth had still not sent a summary of the meeting held in August.
The Clerk and Cllr Bolton had not been able to get confirmation as to who was responsible for the repairs of Coverside. After a discussion it was agreed to revisit Cllr Bolton’s original email to Harden Housing and contact them and Kat La Tzar.

ACTION: Cllr Taverner to ask Pete Sauntson to look at the verge by the primary school. The Clerk to revisit Cllr Bolton’s email chain to find a contact at Harden Housing.

156/15 District & County Councillors Reports

a) District Cllrs Morgan & Morgan:
DCllr M Morgan advised that contrary to rumours the District Council were not selling off Priory Lodge. He talked about the recently held parish conference and said that the struggle to complete Parish & Local Plans was discussed and it was hoped to arrange a conference to discuss this topic. It was also reported that other district councils where plans are in place they are being used to overturn or back up planning decisions.
He went on to talk about the re-organisation that was occurring at MHDC due to the sharing of resources and departments with Wychavon. Cllr Lamb asked if he had heard anything further about the Cemex application, DCllr Morgan had not other than a few tweaks to the application so they were no closer to determining the application.

b) County Cllr Tom Wells:
Cllr Wells was not present.

157/15 Report of the:

a) Parish Paths Warden – (Peter Goodyear)-

Repair work on the paths had been started and the next amount was considered and authorised. His report was read out and it was agreed to ask him when the ‘working party’ mentioned would be working. Cllr Lamb said that he had had a complaint from a parishioner that the path from Quay Lane to Poole House was overgrown and he asked if Peter could be made aware and asked to address the issue.

ACTION: The Clerk to email Mr Goodyear with the request.

b) Pond Wardens (Neil & Gigi Verlander)

The Clerk had emailed the Pond Wardens to thank them for all their hard work and received an appreciated response from Gigi.

c) Playing Field Warden (Graham Holmes)

None received

158/15 Environmental Matters

a) Report of the Environmental Working Group
Cllr Adeney reported that she had not managed to get the verge baled as there were bollards by it and she was unsure what they were for. If he was unable to bale the verge he would be asked to flail it instead. Cllr Adeney also asked if the Lengthsman could look at the verge by the primary school and determine how rough the ground was and whether he could cut it or if an alternative solution needed to be sought. It was also noted that there were a few issues with the cycle path which had been reported to the County Council for them to look into.

159/15 Neighbourhood Development Plan:

Cllr Lamb apologised that a date had not been set for the Parish Councillors presentation but that he would set one shortly on a Thursday if possible. He said that the village consultation events had been held and had been well attended with 75 residents and 10 non-residents. The policy areas received approval but the development sites were less enthusiastically received. The Steering Group were continuing to work with the consultancy team going through the proposed policies. They were also trying to set up a meeting with MHDC to discuss the plan.

ACTION: Cllr Lamb to arrange a date to give a presentation to Councillors.

160/15 Correspondence

a) Consultation on Twyning School becoming a feeder school for HCHS:
The letter received by Cllr Roberts was read out along with the information printed from the school website. It was discussed and two main concerns were raised; the increased number of vehicles if these pupils did not receive school bus provision and the ability of the school to take these pupils without increasing their PAN. It was noted that the main feeder villages all had housing developments approved and therefore the number of children within the current feeder schools were likely to be oversubscribed. Twyning also had a housing development approved and regularly had to accommodate over its PAN of 15 and therefore places for a potential 20 students within HCHS current PAN would need to be absorbed. It was agreed that the Parish Council would object if it meant more cars and impacted on the ability of students from current feeder schools to secure places.

b) Consultation on the forming of a multi-academy trust (MAT) to include HCHS, Hanley Swan primary and Upton Primary:
Cllr Roberts talked through the reasoning behind the proposal and the meeting she had attended at the school. Cllr Bolton further explained multi academies. It was agreed to send a note of approval for the formation of a MAT.

c) Consultation on revised statement of principles for the Gambling Act 2005 – MHDC – Papers circulated prior to meeting:
No comment.

d) MHDC Community News Letter:
Circulated prior to the meeting

161/15 Topics raised by Councillors, Committees, Clerk & Parishioners:

None raised.

162/15 Councillors reports and items for future agenda:

Blackmore Bus Stop to be put on the next agenda.

163/15 Date of Next Scheduled Meeting:

19th November 2015

The meeting closed at 09.45 pm

Signed ……………………………… Date: 19th November 2015

Chairman

Appendix 1: Schedule of Payments & Receipts 15th October 2015

Payment of Accounts:

The under mentioned accounts were approved:

Payments Raised for Approval
Date No. Payee Detail Amount
15th Oct 1466 The Clerk Sept Pay £374.08
15th Oct 1467 HMRC Quarter 2 Tax £ 23.60
15th Oct 1468 WDBF Ltd Glebe Account Glebe Rent £125.00
15th Oct 1469 New Farm Grounds Maintenance Sept Cuts £693.00
15th Oct 1470 NHP Chairman NHP Expenses £8.75
15th Oct 1471 Data Orchard C.I.C. NHP Consultancy Costs £429.00
15th Oct 1472 The Lengthsman Lengthsman Duties £84.50
15th Oct 1473 ELMS Pathway Repairs £428.00
15th Oct 1474 The Clerk Stamps & Stationery £21.26
Total £2187.19

Signed ……………………………… Date: 19th November 2015

Chairman

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s