Minutes for 19th March 2015

HANLEY CASTLE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday, 19th March 2015 starting at 7:00pm in Hanley Swan Village Hall.

Present: Councillors: Sue Roberts (Chairman), Tony Atkinson, John Taverner, Bob Lamb, Sue Adeney, Francis Harcombe

Apologies: Peter Goodyear (PPW), Mike Morgan (DCllr)

In Attendance: Mrs Rebecca Abunassar (Clerk), M Nelson

33/15 Welcome:

The chairman welcomed all present to the March meeting of the Parish Council.

34/15 Declarations of Interest:

a) Register of Interests:
Councillors were reminded of the need to update their register of interests.

b) To declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in items on the agenda and their nature:
None were declared.

c) To declare any Other Disclosable Interests in items on the agenda and their nature:
None were declared.

35/15 To Consider Written Requests from Councillors for the Council to Grant a Dispensation (S33 of the Localism Act 2011):

None received.

The meeting was closed to allow the public to speak:

Marjorie Nelson updated the Council on the damage to the steps that was thought to have been caused by the hunt. She explained that the steps were already in a state of damage prior to the use by the hunt and agreed that the risers were already crumbling but felt that a contribution should be made by the hunt as their use of it quickened the breakup of the steps.
Cllr Roberts asked if a quotation for the repair work could be sought and once an estimate of the cost was known then a suggestion of a contribution could be put to Nick Lechmere for consideration by the Hunt.

ACTION: The Clerk to ask Peter Goodyear to get an estimate for the cost of repairing the bridge.

Mrs Nelson also advised the Council about fly tipping that had occurred in Park Lane; she had reported it and Cllr Adeney said that she reported it to the District Council Street Scene Team.

 

36/15 Minutes:

The Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 19th February 2015 had been previously circulated and the minutes were approved and signed.

37/15 Matters Arising & Progress Reports not Listed elsewhere on the Agenda:

a) Min 69c/14: Anne Ballinger gift –
No additional suggestions were received.

Action: Councillors to continue to source ideas.

b) Min 70d/14: Cycle Route –
Cllr Adeney updated the Council on the latest activity. The paint work and ground preparation had started. Boundary owners had been asked to cut back their hedgerows as far as possible; there were a few pinch points but it was thought they would not be a problem.

c) Min 148/14: Superfast Broadband –
No additional update.

d) Min 164/14: Cemex Applicaction –
Cllr Lamb advised that the application was still awaiting submission but was thought to be imminent. He talked of a newspaper report about Upton Rowing Club proposal for a 1000m course which would mean extraction under Fish Meadow. Fish Meadow was not part of the current CEMEX proposal so it would be interesting to see if it did get the go ahead.

38/15 Finance:

a) Payment of Accounts:
Members approved the payments of accounts as in the presented schedule in Appendix 1.

b) Notification of receipts received:
VAT Rebate.

c) The precept requirement had been submitted but a query was raised as to why on the Council Tax letters it showed a 0.3% increase rather than the 2% calculated. It was thought the change in tax base could not be that significant to cause such a small increase and the Clerk was asked to contact MHDC and ask whether there has been a mistake.

Action: Clerk to contact MHDC to check % valuation

39/15 Projects related to the Section 106 Funding:

a) Cricket Club:
The Cricket Club had had a letter from Jo Cross recommending approval of the project to the Section 106 committee but they would have to wait for sign off and the legal element of the process before the project could commence.

b) Parish Council:
The benches had arrived and Jo Cross had given permission to proceed with the installation. Once installed photographs were required to be sent to MHDC as confirmation of completion of the works.

Action: The Clerk to send photos on completion.

40/15 Planning:

a) To Consider the following applications referred by MHDC for consultation:

15/00152/FUL – The Summer House at Blackmore House, Blackmore Park
Change of use of land to residential to include conversion of a studio workshop into ancillary dwelling for family members.
The application had been withdrawn.

15/00115/FUL – Aalps College Midlands, The Rhydd, Hanley Castle
Installation of 2 x 300KW Hertz Firematic Biomass heating System
The application was discussed and it was agreed that the Parish Council had no objections to the application but comments would request reassurance that there would be no noise pollution on the neighbouring properties.

15/00006/CM – Tarmac – Severn Stoke Gravel extraction application
No comments were made on this application.

15/00161/HOU & 15/00162/LBC – Brickwalls Farm, Gilberts End.
Single storey extension to the rear of the property to provide a family room and larger kitchen.
Plans were considered and no objections were made

b) To consider under the Scheme of Delegation any Planning Applications received between the publication of this agenda and the Meeting:

None received.

c) Details of Decision Notices Received to-date:

14/4/01729/REM – Booth End Cottage, 45 Gilberts End Lane, Hanley Castle, WR8 0BX
Reserved matters following outline approval 14/00273/OUT for a new dwelling for access, appearance, landscaping, layout and scale.
Despite the Parish Council objections the plans were approved. It was asked whether they were approved at a planning committee meeting, it was thought that it was not but the Clerk would find out as it was strongly felt that such an application with objections should be heard by a committee.

Action: The Clerk to contact the planning officer.

 d) Details of Appeal Notices Received to-date:
None received

e) Details of enforcement action:
Nothing to report

41/15 Highway Matters:

a) Report & Works for the Lengthsman:
Cllr Taverner updated the Council on the Lengthsman’s activity, and said that he was busy with the spring work. He had recharged the VAS battery but had not reinserted it as he was letting it rest.

b) Other highway matters:

It was raised that the pathway to Upton from Pool House onwards was covered in brambles and debris. It was asked if this was something that the lengthsman could address. After a discussion it was agreed that Cllr Adeney would speak to Gordon Morris about cleaning it and whether it could be done under the litter pick day.

Cllr Adeney had drafted a letter outlining all the road issues highlighted at the previous meeting and sent it to the Clerk. It was agreed that Cllr Roberts would read through it prior to issuing.

The black poplar saplings reported to highways and refused attention had been cut back on one side of the road so it was agreed to speak to the owners of the hedgerow and ask if they can be cut back on the other side.
Action: Cllr Adeney to speak to the hedgerow owners.

42/15 District & County Councillors Reports:

a) District Cllrs Morgan & Perry:
DCllrs Perry & Morgan were not present.

b) County Cllr Tom Wells:
CCllr Wells was not present.

42a/15 Reports of the:

a) Parish Paths & Tree Warden:

Peter Goodyear’s report was read out. It was agreed to ask Peter to list the kissing gates and mark them on the map as suggested in his report. Cllr Taverner ask Marjorie Nelson about the gate opposite Horton Manor, she said a request had been made to have it replaced with a kissing gate as it was an unauthorised stile.

 b) Pond Wardens:
No report received

c) Playing Field:
No report received

d) Police Report
No Report received.

43/15 Environmental Matters

a) Verge project:
Spring was awaited to see if the seed sowing had been a success.

b)Chapmans Orchard
Cllr Adeney reported that she had not managed to resolve the issue but would continue to try.

Action: Cllr Adeney to contact Nexus.

c) Litter Pick
The 21st March was the date set for the annual litter pick. Cllr Adeney had liaised with Gordon Morris and emailed posters out to all Councillors.

44/15 Neighbourhood Development Plan:

Cllr Lamb updated the Council on the NDP. They were still moving forward with the business element but had the hindrance of many remote site owners which led to difficulties getting the questionnaire to them and completed. They were hoping to finish by the end of March and were looking at several sources for collecting policies, elements of evidence gathering as they are trying not to reinvent the wheel.
Aims and objectives needed to be finalised but the feedback on the 5 aims distributed was extremely positive and the policies within the SWDP support them.
Cllr Lamb talked about the incoming Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) and that it seems to be at the behest of MHDC of when it is brought in but Section 106 funding would continue until CIL is in place.

 45/15 Correspondence:

a) Elections

The nomination packs were distributed amongst the Councillors and all were asked to raise the issue of elections to parishioners that might be interested in joining the Parish Council. The query was raised as to why it said (PART) after Hanley Castle. The Clerk said she would ask the Election Officer.
Cllr Adeney informed the Councillors that the WWC Hustings were to be held at St Gabriel’s Church at 4.30pm on 12th April.

Action: The Clerk to forward any information received from MHDC regarding the Election application process and ask about the reference (PART).

b) Bus Stop

The emails from Chris Holloway and parishioners regarding the bus stop at Blackmore Park had been circulated and were discussed. The Councillors were in agreement that it seems ill thought out and the new piece of proposed alteration does not increase visibility. The main concern was buses crossing the road from Worcester towards Hanley Swan but the emails did not make it clear if it would be a two way stop. The Clerk was asked to contact Chris Holloway to clarify the situation and to ask whether a meeting could be set up regarding bus passes as requested previously by Cllr Adeney.

Action: The Clerk to contact Chris Holloway.

46/15 Topics Raised by Councillors, Committees and Parishioners:

a) Cllr Adeney advised that the large RV was still parked at Brickwalls Barn in the caravan area and this was contrary to the MHDC regulations. Cllr Adeney volunteered to speak to the owners.

Action: The Clerk forward a copy of regulations to Cllr Adeney and Cllr Adeney to raise the issue with the owners.

b) CIL Workshop – Cllr Lamb informed the Councillors about a CIL consultation workshop for Parish Councils to update them on the new CIL (Community Infrastructure Levy) he and the Clerk attended at County Hall. When the SWDP was adopted CIL would come into effect and would apply to all residential housing but not social housing. Section 106 would be phased out but they would both be from the same pot of money; CIL would not be in addition to Section 106. Unlike Section 106 CIL would not be site specific and would be much wider ranging in the application. It would be based on a standard rate agreed across the area with the exception of Worcester City as it was thought the building costs within the city would not permit the charge. Cllr Lamb proposed that the Council start to develop a wish list of projects then would like any future Section 106 or CIL payments to contribute towards in preparation of any future developments.

Action: Councillors to think of possible projects/groups that could benefit from Section 106 of CIL funding.

c) Parking at the High School – Cllr Adeney raised the problem of parking at the High School and the need to make alternative provisions before an accident occurred. The verges were being eroded, kerbs damaged and visibility obscured by parents parking at the end of the school day. Cllr Adeney suggested she contact Lindsay Cooke to arrange a meeting to discuss the problem.

Action: Cllr Adeney to contact the School Head.

47/15 Date of Next Scheduled Meeting:

16th April 2015

The meeting closed at 9.05 pm

Signed ……………………………………… Date: 16th April 2015

Chairman

Appendix 1: Schedule of Payments & Receipts 19th March 2015

Payment of Accounts:

The under mentioned accounts were approved:

Payments Raised for Approval
Date No. Payee Detail Amount
19th Mar 1406 Mr P Sauntson Feb & Mar Lengthsman Duties £416.00
19th Mar 1407 Mrs Abunassar Feb & Mar Salary & Q4 Admin £769.60
19th Mar 1408 Mrs Abunassar (Microsoft) MS Office Annual Renewal £39.50
19th Mar 1409 Mrs Abunassar (Mcafee) Mcafee Annual PC Security £49.99
19th Mar 1410 HMRC Q4 PAYE payment £29.40
19th Mar 1411 Mrs Abunassar Stamps & Stationery £16.30
19th Mar 1412 Moss Leisure Benches for Play project £850.00
19th Mar 1413 ELMS Repair work for the footpaths £500.00
Total £2670.79

Signed ……………………………………… Date: 16th April 2015

Chairman

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s