Minutes for 15th January 2015

HANLEY CASTLE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday, 15th January 2015 starting at 7:00pm in Hanley Swan Village Hall.

Present: Councillors: Sue Roberts (Chairman), Tony Atkinson, John Taverner, Bob Lamb, Sue Adeney, Francis Harcombe

Apologies: Cllr Bass, Peter Goodyear (PPW), Ken Nottage

In Attendance: Mrs Rebecca Abunassar (Clerk), DCllr Morgan, CCllr Wells

1/15 Welcome:

The chairman welcomed all present to the January meeting of the Parish Council and explained that Ken Nottage was unable to attend but would be attending the February meeting instead.

2/15 Declarations of Interest:

a) Register of Interests:
Councillors were reminded of the need to update their register of interests.

b) To declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in items on the agenda and their nature:
None were declared.

c) To declare any Other Disclosable Interests in items on the agenda and their nature:
Cllr Harcombe declared an interest in the planning application 14/01694/ENF as a neighbour & 14/000028/CM as the applicant.

3/15 To Consider Written Requests from Councillors for the Council to Grant a Dispensation (S33 of the Localism Act 2011):
None received.

The meeting was closed to allow the public to speak:
No parishioners present

4/15 Minutes:

The Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 22nd November 2014 had been previously circulated and the minutes were approved and signed.

5/15 Matters Arising & Progress Reports not Listed elsewhere on the Agenda:

a) Min 69c/14: Anne Ballinger gift –
No additional suggestions were received.
Action: Councillors to continue to source ideas.

b) Min 70d/14: Cycle Route –
Cllr Adeney advised that the cycle route was continuing as scheduled. She confirmed that she had written to Lindsey Cooke who had agreed to remind pupils to wear high visibility clothing and helmets when cycling to and from school. It was commented that markings had appeared on the pathway and were anticipated to be the markings for the cycle route.

c) Min 148/14: Superfast Broadband –
Cllr Lamb updated the Council on Broadband and the concern raised by some parishioners that the Parish Council had not done enough to advertise the broadband survey. He explained that he had researched the Council’s actions and had written to the concerned parishioners detailing the Council’s efforts to disseminate the survey to parishioners.
A broadband event was due to be held in Upton at the Library and Cllr Lamb said he would attend as it would impact on Hanley Castle.

d) Min 164/14: Cemex Applicaction – Cllr Lamb provided an update on the application, which was expected to be submitted in January. An article had been included in the Gazette which was a reasonable representation of the opinions of the Councils involved.
DCllr Morgan commented that the County Council had told Cemex they just needed to landscape the area but the District Council has said they wanted leisure facilities.

6/15 Finance:

a) Payment of Accounts:
Members approved the payments of accounts as in the presented schedule in Appendix 1.

b) Notification of receipts received:
None noted.

c) To consider the Precept requirement:
A draft budget was circulated to the members for consideration. Cllr Taverner talked through the proposed budget and asked all present if they agreed with the budget allocations within the draft. He clarified that he was proposing an increase in the precept of £300 and hoped that this would keep the Parish Council below the maximum 2% increase suggested by the District Council.
He explained that the main uncertainty was the future costs allocated to the NHP but he was proposing £1500 be placed in the budget. Cllr Lamb agreed that future expenditure was unpredictable and would increase if consultants were required to be used. Cllr Taverner suggested that any unspent NHP budget for the current be rolled over and added to next year’s NHP budget if required. Cllr Taverner proposed the budget and precept of £19300, this was seconded by all preset and agreed.

6/15 Projects related to the Section 106 Funding:

a) Cricket Club:
The Cricket Club had meetings but had failed to get a grant from an anticipated source so were investigating other sources for the additional income.

b) Parish Council:
It was agreed to investigate the pricing of various options for seating and discuss them at the February meeting.
Action: The Clerk to investigate options and pricing.

7/15 Planning:

a) To Consider the following applications referred by MHDC for consultation:

14/01694/ENF The Orchards House, Haylers End, Hanley Castle, WR8 0AL
Without planning permission the erection of an incomplete dwellinghouse.
Enforcement on hold as retrospective planning permission had been granted

14/01497/OUT – The Paddocks off the B4211, Hanley Castle, Worcestershire,
Outline application, with Appearance, Landscaping and Scale reserved, for residential development of 4 dwellings with associated access (existing access off B4211), amenity space and car parking.  It was agreed that the Parish Council’s previously submitted objection still stood and Cllr Atkinson agreed to speak on behalf of the Council at the MHDC planning committee meeting on the 21st January.

14/01498/OUT – Land At (Os 8113 4257), Welland Road, Hanley Swan,
Change of use from unused green field land to four, 4 bed dwelling houses.
The application was to go before the MHDC planning committee on the 21st January. The Council supported the application.

14/01729/REM – Booth End Cottage, 45 Gilberts End Lane, Hanley Castle, WR8 0BX Reserved matters following outline approval 14/00273/OUT for a new dwelling for access, appearance, landscaping, layout and scale.
The Council considered the application documents and felt that the planned building was not in keeping with the street view. It was considered to be a very large scale when compared to neighbouring properties. The Clerk was asked to submit the objection to the planning officer.

14/01641/FUL – Albion Lodge, Hanley Swan, Worcestershire, WR8 0DN Widen and formalise the entrance to Albion Lodge onto the B4209. Alter the carpark to include turning area and landscaping.
The Council had no objections and supported the application.

b) To consider under the Scheme of Delegation any Planning Applications received between the publication of this agenda and the Meeting:

Hanley Castle High School – lighting in the bus bay and other areas.
The proposal had been resubmitted but the application documents were not available for consideration at the time of the meeting. Councillors were asked to look at the application on-line in the next few days and send comments to the Clerk.

c) Details of Decision Notices Received to-date:

14/01378/FUL – The Orchards House, Haylers End, Hanley Castle, WR8 0AL Erection of ancillary building to provide domestic storage, home office and library and associated change of use of land from paddock to residential curtilage. (Retrospective)
Approved 15th December 2014

14/01441/FUL – Swan Inn, Worcester Road, Hanley Swan, Worcestershire, WR8 0EA
Erection of single storey dining extension, service yard enclosure, disabled access ramp, patio with path and car park extension. Replacement kitchen extract ducting
Approved 5th December 2014

14/01445/HOU – Russell Lodge, Roberts End, Hanley Swan, WR8 0DL
Garage.
Approved 2nd December 2014

14/01446/HOU – Russell Lodge, Roberts End, Hanley Swan, WR8 0DL
Refurbish, modernise and extend bungalow.
Approved 11th December 2014

14/01534/HOU Baytree Cottage, Gilberts End, Hanley Castle, WR8 0AS
Erect an oak framed carport over an existing parking space.
Approved 15th January 2015

d) Details of Appeal Notices Received to-date:
None received

e) Details of enforcement action:
Nothing to report

8/15 Highway Matters:

a) Report & Works for the Lengthsman:
Cllr Taverner updated the Council on the Lengthsman’s activity, and said that he was busy siding out and addressing the grips. Mr Sauntson advised that Picken End Hedge is likely to cause problems in the future.

b) Other highway matters:
The Clerk advised that responses had been received regarding the previously reported problems and that the rusting sign post would be replaced. Highways would not be addressing the saplings on the verges but the Clerk would email the response to Cllr Adeney for her to see their exact wording. Potholes on Gilberts End were starting to reappear, the previous repair work undertaken was breaking up and would soon require reporting again. It was commented that the drains on Bowling Green and onto the B4011 were failing to drain correctly and it was agreed to speak to Highways to request that they were rodded. It was also noted that Tickerage Bridge was flooding again and would be worthwhile reporting to see if anything could be done to prevent further damage.
Action: The Clerk to log the issues with Worcestershire Hub.

9/15 District & County Councillors Reports:

a) District Cllrs Morgan & Perry:
DCllr Morgan wished everyone a Happy New Year. He talked about MHDC financial plans and was hopeful that there would be good news as he anticipated significant savings. He said that it was a very quiet time at MHDC at the moment with little to report.

b) County Cllr Tom Wells:
Cllr Wells arrived at 8.30pm and also wished everyone a Happy New Year. He informed the Council about a Parishioner he had visited after reports from neighbours that she had no heating. He arranged for the heating to be fixed by the property owner Fortis Living association. He said he was concerned for the parishioner as she had no family around and Cllr Adeney said that there were people in the parish who would be willing to visit and spend time with others. He expressed his concern that the parishioner’s issues appeared to have been missed by various bodies and he was worried that there might be many others out within his ward that were struggling to cope but it was not being picked up by heath workers or other bodies as expected.
Cllr Wells then went on to talk about the cycle route and the possible impact of the County Council’s decision to issue free bus passes to children who live within the 3 mile radius to school but would have to walk along the second section of pathway/cycle route which was currently deemed unsafe for pedestrians. He was concerned that this was setting a precedent. Cllr Adeney explained that it was also the dramatic rise in ticket price that had caused the parents to complain and she raised the issue that the children have to catch a bus that goes via Welland to the school and therefore takes a great deal longer. A long discussion ensued regarding the bus route, issuing of passes for students and whether it would impact on the request for the pathway to be upgraded to a cycle path. It was concluded the best solution would be to hold a meeting of the parishes which are along the bus route and invite the bus companies to see if there could be a resolution.
Action: CCllr Wells to organise a meeting of the parishes and bus companies.

10/15 Reports of the:

a) Parish Paths & Tree Warden:
The Clerk read out the report received from the Peter Goodyear. (Copy kept on file). It was reported that the steps down to the brook at the rear of St Mary’s churchyard were in a poor state of repair.
Action: The Clerk to ask the Parish Path Warden to assess the steps.

b) Pond Wardens:
No report received

c) Playing Field:
No report received

11/15 Environmental Matters

a) Verge project: It was reported that the verge project was going well

b) Chapmans Orchard – Cllr Adeney had made contact but was still awaiting an outcome. A meeting would be scheduled for the 22nd January

12/15 Neighbourhood Development Plan:

Cllr Lamb updated the Council on the NDP and advised they had received £700 grant which will go towards the production of maps and evidence gathering. He was sad to report that Simon Lee had had to leave the steering group. He was looking for a replacement and had received a few suggestions.

13/15 Correspondence:

a) Ken Nottage
To attend February meeting

b) 14/000028/CM
Cllr Harcombe explained the details of the planning application which was situated just over the parish border and this was the reason it had not come to the Parish Council for comment. He said that it had gone to the County Council for determination at the request of MHDC. He hoped a decision would be made on the application shortly.

14/15 Topics Raised by Councillors, Committees and Parishioners:

a) Cllr Lamb made the suggestion that a Cllr should be responsible for the business aspect of the Parish as the Broadband issue and the NDP highlighted the need for such a position. Cllr Taverner said that he would be interested and would speak to Cllr Lamb about it after the meeting.
Action: Cllr Lamb and Taverner to meet to discuss the role of Parish Business Representative.

b) Cllr Lamb asked what was happening with the powerlines over the village green in Hanley Swan – Cllr Roberts said that it had been referred back to Western Power and she was waiting for them to contact her. It was agreed that when they did make contact David Morton should be involved due to his knowledge of the cables in the area.

15/15 Date of Next Scheduled Meeting:

19th February 2015

The meeting closed at 9.15 pm

Signed ……………………………………… Date: 19th February 2015

Chairman

Appendix 1: Schedule of Payments & Receipts 15th January 2015

Payment of Accounts:

The under mentioned accounts were approved:

Payments Raised for Approval
Date No. Payee Detail Amount
15th Jan 1397 New Farm Ground Maintenance November Grass Cuts £ 325.20
15th Jan 1398 Peter Sauntson December Lengthsman £ 26.00
15th Jan 1399 Rebecca Abunassar December pay £ 393.56
15th Jan 1400  HMRC Q3 Tax £ 37.00
Total £ 781.76

Signed ……………………………………… Date: 19th February 2015

Chairman

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s