Minutes for 20th Nov 2014

HANLEY CASTLE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday, 20th November 2014 starting at 7:00pm in Hanley Swan Village Hall.

Present: Councillors: Sue Roberts (Chairman), Tony Atkinson, John Taverner, Bob Lamb, Jackie Bass, Francis Harcombe

Apologies: Cllrs Adeney, Roberts-Powell and Peter Goodyear (PPW)

In Attendance: Mrs Rebecca Abunassar (Clerk) The Darwents, Joanna Bowles & Chris (Old Vicarage)

150/14 Welcome: The chairman welcomed all present to the November meeting of the Parish Council.

151/14     Declarations of Interest

a) Register of Interests: Councillors were reminded of the need to update their register of interests.

b) To declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in items on the agenda and their nature: None were declared

c) To declare any Other Disclosable Interests in items on the agenda and their nature: None were declared.

152/14    To Consider Written Requests from Councillors for the Council to Grant a Dispensation (S33 of the Localism Act 2011): None received.

The meeting was closed to allow the public to speak following request by Andrew Darwent to talk about a Potential Development at Albion Lodge.

Mr Darwent explained the history of Albion Lodge and how it currently was a retirement home for 36 with approved plans to increase to 41 beds with a larger dining room and kitchen. He went on to talk through potential plans for a proposed development combining Albion Lodge with the neighbouring property and its land. The potential development would see a mixed community of 12 close care apartments and 24 mixed care apartments with a large communal area based around the meadow. The Councillors reviewed the plans and asked questions on the development. Cllr Lamb reported that the type of provision being proposed was what the parish had requested in its response to the Neighbourhood Plan. Cllr Taverner asked about the entrance to the properties as visibility exiting Albion Lodge was very limited. Mr Darwent said that a planning application was being submitted to change the entrance and to improve the visibility splay, the Close entrance was much better.

153/14    Minutes

The Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 17th October 2014 had been previously circulated and the minutes were approved and signed.

154/14    Matters Arising & Progress Reports not Listed elsewhere on the Agenda

a) Min 69c/14:    Anne Ballinger gift

No additional suggestions were received.

Action: Councillors to continue to source ideas.

b) Min 70d/14:     Cycle Route

Cllr Bass updated the Council on the cycle route. She confirmed that Eric had been to look at the hedgerow and the required cutting back. The work on the cycle track had been put back and would be done in March and the signage was planned for April. Drains had been cleared so they would be more effective but they would not be completely operative until March as bits of the track would be built up to make a proper kerb. Neighbours would be spoken to to make them aware of the plans.

Cllr Taverner raised concerns about the lack of reflective clothing of some of the students cycling to school. He asked if it could be mentioned to the school so that they could speak to the students. Cllr Bass thought that Cllr Adeney was in the process of contacting the school about the cycle track and it was suggested that she include the need for students to wear high vis jackets and have lights on their bikes.

Action: Cllr Adeney to contact to the school.

c) Min 148/14: Superfast Broadband – Cllr Lamb had attended a meeting with CCllr Tom Wells, Duncan Rudge, Ian Thompson and two members of the broadband team to discuss Cabinet 3 in Hanley Swan and its current exclusion from the project. The conclusion was that it couldn’t be included within the current phase of the project. WCC IT members would provide a list of potential suppliers to the Cygnet Lodge area but they advised that the County Council had additional funding and it would be worthwhile waiting to see of it would be included in a later phase of the project. They were informed that Welland was being upgraded under funding from DEFRA.

Action: The Clerk to speak to Welland regarding their funding and their application. All Councillors to encourage completion of the survey by residents that have yet to complete it in the Worcester Rd area. Continue liaising with the broadband team.

155/14     Finance:

a) Payment of Accounts: Members approved the payments of accounts as in the presented schedule in Appendix 1.

b) Notification of receipts received: None noted.

c) To consider the Precept requirement – It was proposed by Cllr Taverner to adjourn the discussion until the January meeting as the deadline for submission was 31st January; all were in agreement. Cllr Taverner asked Cllr Lamb to consider the NDP budget requirements and submit them to him early December.

156/14 Projects related to the Section 106 Funding:

a) Cricket Club: The Cricket Club had started to progress the project and the High School were assisting them and may take over the lead on the project.

b) Parish Council: The Clerk advised that that they had permission from MHDC to use the surplus funding on purchasing seating for the play area. The Council would be required to submit quotes for approval. It was agreed to investigate the pricing of various options and discuss them at the January meeting.

Action: The Clerk to investigate options and pricing.

157/14    Planning:

a) To Consider the following applications referred by MHDC for consultation:

14/01378/FUL – The Orchards House, Haylers End, Hanley Castle, WR8 0AL Erection of ancillary building to provide domestic storage, home office and library and associated change of use of land from paddock to residential curtilage. (Retrospective)

No Objection raised but request it has a condition to prevent it from being turned into separate dwelling.

14/01497/OUT – The Paddocks off the B4211, Hanley Castle, Worcestershire,

Outline application, with Appearance, Landscaping and Scale reserved, for residential development of 4 dwellings with associated access (existing access off B4211), amenity space and car parking

The Parish Council objected to the outline application on the basis that it is over development of the area. The proposed orientation of the houses overlooks the neighbouring properties. The entrance to the properties crosses the planned cycle path and therefore multiple properties would be an increased hazard. Entry from the site onto the main road could be hazardous due to school parking, reduced visibility and speed of traffic.

14/01498/OUT – Land At (Os 8113 4257), Welland Road, Hanley Swan,

Change of use from unused green field land to four, 4 bed dwelling houses.

The Councillors considered the plans and concluded it was a well thought out development of four properties of which none look into neighbouring properties and supported the outline application. They asked that the low level lighting be reconsidered as it is out of character with the area.

14/01441/FUL – Swan Inn, Worcester Road, Hanley Swan, Worcestershire, WR8 0EA

Erection of single storey dining extension, service yard enclosure, disabled access ramp, patio with path and car park extension. Replacement kitchen extract ducting

No Objection raised

14/01445/HOU – Russell Lodge, Roberts End, Hanley Swan, WR8 0DL

Garage.

No Objection raised

14/01446/HOU – Russell Lodge, Roberts End, Hanley Swan, WR8 0DL

Refurbish, modernise and extend bungalow.

No Objection raised

14/01380/HOU – Meadow Lodge, Roberts End, Hanley Swan, WR8 0DL

First floor front extension and new dormer window

No Objection raised

b) To consider under the Scheme of Delegation any Planning Applications received between the publication of this agenda and the Meeting: Hanley Castle High School – lighting in the bus bay and other areas.

After considering the proposal it was agreed that they would prefer if all the lighting was low level and none on poles. It was also agreed to request that the lights were turned off over night.

c) Details of Decision Notices Received to-date:

14/01182/FUL – Yew Tree Farm, Hanley Swan

Erection of polytunnel

Approved 10th November

14/01315/HOU – The Coach House, Hanley Castle WR8 0BJ

Single storey lean-to extension to the rear of the house

Approved 10th November

14/01316/LBC – The Coach House, Hanley Castle

Single storey lean-to extension to the rear of the house

Approved 10th November

d) Details of Appeal Notices Received to-date: None received

e) Details of enforcement action: Nothing to report

158/14    Highway Matters

a) Report & Works for the Lengthsman:

Cllr Taverner updated the Council on the Lengthsman’s activity, he asked it be noted that 14 hours of the Lengthsman’s time was spent cutting back the overgrown hedgerow along the cycle path and requested it be made clear that the work was a one off and it would be the landowner’s responsibility to maintain it.

Action: The Clerk to write to Mr Taylor to clarify it was a ‘one off’ and request it is maintained in the future.

He reported that the VAS battery had arrived and was working and that Pete would continue with his routine Lengthsman’s duties.

b) Update on items reported to WCC: Speed Changes – A patching job was being undertaken at the cross roads

Action: The Clerk to report the rusting sign post by the cross roads.

c) Other highway matters: – None

159/14 District & County Councillors Reports

a) District Cllrs Morgan & Perry: The Members were not present.

b) County Cllr Tom Wells: Cllr Wells was not present.

160/14 Reports of the:

a) Parish Paths & Tree Warden: The Clerk read out the report received from the Peter Goodyear. (Copy kept on file).

b) Pond Wardens: No report received

c) Playing Field: No report received

161/14    Environmental Matters

a) Verge project: Cllr Bass confirmed that sections had been flayed and new bulbs were being planted. She said she would contact New Farm to ask for a quotation to flay the areas required.

Action: Cllr Bass to get quotations.

b) Chapmans Orchard – Cllr Adeney had made contact but was still awaiting an outcome.

162/14    Neighbourhood Development Plan – Cllr Lamb updated the Council on the NDP and advised they had held an exhibition of the residential survey and 72 people attended. The business questionnaire has been finished and sent to businesses in the parish. They were about to start on the next major phase and it is thought they were running approximately 2 months behind the initial schedule. Cllr Bass raised concern about the percentage of yes votes required for the plan to be passed and Cllr Lamb explained that the percentage was taken on the number of actual voters and not the number of parishioners that could vote.

163/14 Correspondence

a) Ken Nottage – To attend January meeting

164/14    Topics Raised by Councillors, Committees and Parishioners

a) Sand & Gravel – Cllr Lamb attended a meeting held by Cemex detailing the plans for gravel extraction on the fields on the opposite side of the river to the parish with a loading dock opposite Quay Lane. He felt the main issue would be possible noise and light pollution but they would use the surplus gravel as a buffer and pumps are quieter than in the past. Cllr Lamb has been offered a site visit which he would attend. It was thought that the application will be submitted pre Christmas for a possible Autumn start.

b) Cllr Atkinson took the opportunity to thank Joanna Bowles for all her hard work with parish initiatives especially the Cafe Market.

165/14     Date of Next Scheduled Meeting:    15th January 2015

The meeting closed at 9.05 pm

Signed ……………………………… Date: 15th January 2015

Chairman

Appendix 1:    Schedule of Payments & Receipts 20th November 2014

Payment of Accounts: The under mentioned accounts were approved:

Payments Raised for Approval
Date No. Payee Detail Amount
20th Nov 1389 Malcolm Fare NDP Consumables £ 4.50
20th Nov 1390 New Farm GroundMaintenance October Cuts £ 650.40
20th Nov 1391 Rebecca Abunassar Oct & November pay £ 657.76
20th Nov 1392 Peter Saunston October Lengthsman £ 390.00
20th Nov 1393 Simon Lee NDP Oct Survey Monkey £ 24.00
20th Nov 1394 Print & Design NDP Posters £ 71.04
20th Nov 1395 Westcotec Additional VAS battery £ 96.00
Total £1,893.70

Signed ……………………………………… Date: 15th January 2015

Chairman

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s