Minutes for 15th May 2014

HANLEY CASTLE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Annual meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday, 15th May 2014 starting at 8.05pm in Hanley Swan Village Hall.

Present:     Councillors:    Sue Roberts (Chairman) Tony Atkinson John Taverner (arrived 8.35pm)

Wendy Roberts-Powell Sue Adeney Bob Lamb

Apologies: Cllr Bass

In Attendance:     Mrs Rebecca Abunassar (Clerk)

66/14
Election of Chairman & Signing of Declaration of Acceptance of Office

    It was proposed (SA), seconded (WRP) and agreed by all that Sue Roberts be elected as chairman for the ensuing municipal year. The chairman signed a declaration of acceptance of office.

67/14 Welcome: The chairman welcomed all present.

68/14     Declarations of Interest

a) Register of Interests: Councillors were reminded of the need to update their register of interests.

b) To declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in items on the agenda and their nature: None were declared

c) To declare any Other Disclosable Interests in items on the agenda and their nature: Cllr Roberts declared an interest in item 9 c) on the Agenda as a recipient of Rural rate relief

69/14    To Consider Written Requests from Councillors for the Council to Grant a Dispensation (S33 of the Localism Act 2011): None received.

70/14    Election of Vice Chairman

It was proposed (SR), seconded (TA) and agreed that John Taverner be elected as vice chairman.

71/14    Election of Representatives:

    The following appointments were proposed and agreed:

    Staffing Committee (3):     Cllrs Atkinson, Roberts-Powell, Taverner

    Environmental Monitoring Group (4): Cllrs Adeney, Bass, Roberts-Powell &                          Taverner    Worcestershire County Association of Local Councils (2): Chairman & Vice                                 Chairman

    Village Hall Committee (1):    Cllr Atkinson

    Hanley Castle Parochial Charities (2):    Jenny McGowran & Philip Tufton

    Bus Passenger/Transport Representative (1): Cllr Adeney

    Housing Association Development Liaison (1): Cllr Atkinson

    Lead Finance Member:        Cllr Taverner

    Lead Planning Member:        Cllr Atkinson

    Lead Neighbourhood Plan Member:        Cllr Lamb


72/14    To Confirm the Bank Signatories & amend the mandate where necessary

        Members re-affirmed the current bank mandate as being correct.


73/14    To Confirm the Appointment of an Internal Auditor

            Following a very positive review of the previous year, members noted and

re-affirmed the appointment of Mr Chris Price as Internal Auditor.

74/14    Minutes

The Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 17th April 2014 having been previously circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman as a correct record.

75/14    Matters Arising & Progress Reports not Listed elsewhere on the Agenda

    a) Min 69c/14:    Anne Ballinger gift

    No additional suggestions were received.

Action: Councillors to continue to source ideas.

    b) Min 70d/14:     Cycle Route

    Cllr Adeney had discussed the cycle route at the Parish Meeting. It had been agreed to go back to the original parties involved and also to include the Three Counties management team who had a contact for the AONB. It was thought there had been a proposal for a cycle track several years ago from Malvern to the Three Counties and that the AONB Committee were supportive of the proposal and therefore it was hoped they might be willing to contribute. It would mean joining in with the longer plan but it was thought that it may be the best way of securing funding.

Action: Cllr Adeney to continue to push the proposals forward.

Finance:

a) Payment of Accounts: Members approved the payments of accounts as in the presented schedule in Appendix 1.

    b) Notification of receipts received: The Clerk notified the Council of the     receipts listed in Appendix 1.

c) To consider application for Discretionary Rural Rate Relief for Field Ltd, Unit 14 Hanley Workshops: Due to a declared interest Cllr Roberts left the room whilst the council discussed the agenda item and Cllr Atkinson took over the role of Chairman. He proposed that the Parish Council support the application but no contribution should be provided, this was seconded by all.

76/14 Projects related to the Section 106 Funding:

  1. Cricket Club: Project still on hold.

    b) Parish Council: Cllr Lamb confirmed that the lottery funding had been paid into the bank account and the contract from MHDC had been returned to them with a few amendments which they would hopefully review and agree shortly. The Clerk, Cllrs Lamb and Roberts-Powell had met with the preferred supplier and discussed their quotation and were awaiting a final revised quotation which would decrease the cost by £2000 through the reduction of the size of the rubber mulch area. Due to the nature of the work to be undertaken it was advised that a container may be required to be situated in the village hall car park and also that vehicles might require access across the playing field. It was agreed that when the project was in a position to proceed, Graham Holmes and Cllr Atkinson should be included any discussion of how the site should be managed.

     Action: The Clerk to liaise with MHDC over the section 106 monies, Cllr Lamb to liaise with the contractor regarding the quotation and with the Village Hall Management Committee and Graham Holmes.

77/14    Planning: a) To consider planning applications referred by MHDC for comment:

     None were received

    b) To consider under the Scheme of Delegation any Planning Applications received between publication of the agenda and the Meeting: None received

  1. Details of Decision Notices Received to-date:

14/00273/OUT     Outline application for new dwelling

            Booth End Cottage, 45 Gilberts End, Hanley Castle

            Approved on 01-May-2014

d) Details of Appeal Notices Received to-date:
None received

e) Possible Enforcement Actions Required: None


78/14    Highway Matters

  1. Report & Works for the Lengthsman:

Following a request to the Clerk by a resident of Hanley Orchard that the moss on the pathway be cleared, Pete had undertaken the task to clear the moss on Hanley Orchard and Westmere but another parishioner had complained whilst he was doing it and therefore he had stopped. The parishioner had phoned Cllr Roberts to complain and Cllr Roberts explained their grievance to the Council.

b) Update on items reported to WCC:

It was reported that several of the potholes on Gilberts End had been filled but that there were still many that had not. Gerry Brienza’s email response to the Parish Council’s issues raised at the April meeting was read out. He advised that the Hub was launching a new and improved reporting system and urged parishioners and councillors to report every one they see. He also confirmed that the Worcester Road was scheduled for works to start on the 7th July. It was asked to confirm whether the road from Crossroads to the Highball would be done as well.

Action:
The Clerk to ask whether the road to the Highball would be done.

c)Update on repair to footway in Roberts End (Tom Wells):

Cllr Wells was not present to update.

d) Other highway matters:

It was noted that the painted 30 MPH markings on the parish’s roads were very worn and it was asked if they could be repainted when the Worcester Road work was undertaken. The Clerk was also asked to contact Allen Naulls about the speeding vehicles on Gilberts End and ask if any observations had taken place.


79/14     District & County Councillors Reports

a) District Cllrs Morgan & Perry: The members were not present. It was noted that Cllr Perry had not attended a meeting for almost 2 years and Cllr Morgan had missed several within the last year.

Action:
The Clerk to email the DCllrs and ask why they have been unable to attend so many meetings over the last year.

b) County Cllr Tom Wells: Cllr Wells was not present.

80/14 Reports of the:

    a) Parish Paths Warden: Report received at the Parish Meeting but Cllr Adeney commented on the amount of dog mess on the footpath at Gilberts End Farm and asked if the PPW would ask to get appropriate signs to put up to remind dog walkers of their responsibilities.

    Action:
The Clerk to forward comments to Peter Goodyear.

    b) Pond Wardens: Report received at the Parish Meeting

c) Playing Field: Report received at the Parish Meeting but it was raised that the swing closest to the basket ball court was broken and required repairing.

Action:
The Clerk to source costings for a replacement swing seat.

81/14    Environmental Matters

Verge Project – Report received at the Parish Meeting but Cllr Adeney advised that Cllr Bass had been successful in securing a number of family tickets for each

Show from Ken Nottage at the Three Counties. They would plan how best to distribute them and report back to the Parish Council with suggestions.

Action:
Cllr Bass to organise receipt and distribution of tickets.

82/14    Neighbourhood Development Plan – The Steering Group had agreed a PID and Cllr Lamb asked that the Parish Council approved it, it was agreed that all were happy to approve the document. Cllr Lamb informed the Council that CALC was trying to start up a forum for people in the area to swap views and ideas and it was hoped it would be arranged for July. Cllr Adeney asked if any comments had been received on the outline of the parish area. Cllr Lamb did not know but said he would ask David Clarke.

    Action: Cllr Lamb to contact David Clarke and ask whether he had received any comments.

83/14 Correspondence

  1. Request from Gigi
    to consider endorsing the duck protection posters by the Parish Council – The Parish Council were sceptical it would assist with deterring the persons responsible for removing the posters but were happy to endorse them.

Action:
The Clerk to advise Gigi of the decision.

84/14    Topics Raised by Councillors, Committees and Parishioners

  1. Mobile Reception – Cllr Adeney
    raised concerns over the poor level of mobile reception in the parish. On discussion it was agreed that the level had improved since the comment was made but it would be a good idea to find out the cause. The clerk was also asked to find out what had happened to the mast at the top of the bank on the A38.

Action: The Clerk to contact EE/Orange to find out what had caused the lack of reception and ask about the mast.

b) Email Account: The Clerk raised the problems that were occurring with the email address and the high volume of rogue emails that were being received. She also explained that she was currently only able to receive emails and was unable to send. She would like to create a new email account that was not run from the old parish website. Cllr Lamb suggested speaking to Dave Morton who was working on the NHP and who he thought would be able to assist with the setting up of a new account that could seamlessly receive emails sent to the old email account. It was also agreed to ask about the possibility of having an area for the Parish Council on the main Hanley website and officially close the old website as no one has access to update it.

    Action: The Clerk to contact Dave Morton and arrange for a new email     account and ask about having an area on the village website.

85/14    Items for Future Agendas

  1. The signing of the Financial Audit paperwork

86/14     Date of Next Scheduled Meeting:    19th June 2014

The meeting closed at 9.05 pm

Signed ……………………………… Date: 19th June 2014

         Chairman

Appendix 1:    Schedule of Payments & Receipts 16th May 2014

Payment of Accounts: The under mentioned accounts were approved:


Payments Raised for Approval
15-May

1354

Hanley Swan Village Hall Annual hall hire 13-14

115.00

15-May

1355

Worcestershire Calc Annual Affiliation

595.71

15-May

1356

Peter Sauntson April Lengthsman

104.00

15-May

1357

Rebecca Abunassar April Clerk duties

328.88

15-May

1358

Signature Gardens April Cuts x2

396.00

15-May

1359

Westcotec (to be reclaimed) VAS repair

152.40

       

1691.99

Receipts
28-Apr   Malvern Hills DC 1/2 Precept

9500.00

4th April   Big Lottery Fund Playground Grant

9250.00

26-Apr   Worcestershire CC Parish Lengthsman

1343.50

    Interest  

0.78

    Interest  

2.19

       

20096.47

Signed ……………………………………… Date: 20th June 2014

             Chairman


Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s