Minutes for 17th Apr 2014

HANLEY CASTLE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday, 17th April 2014 starting at 7:00pm in Hanley Swan Village Hall.

Present:     Councillors:    Sue Roberts (Chairman) Tony Atkinson Robert Lamb Sue Adeney Wendy Roberts-Powell Jackie Bass

Apologies: Cllr John Taverner

In Attendance:     Rebecca Abunassar (Clerk) Peter Goodyear (PPW)

51/14 Welcome: The chairman welcomed the Peter to the meeting.

52/14     Declarations of Interest

a) Register of Interests: Councillors were reminded of the need to update their register of interests.

b) To declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in items on the agenda and their nature: None Declared

c) To declare any Other Disclosable Interests in items on the agenda and their nature: Cllr Roberts declared an interest in item 5 f) on the Agenda as a recipient of Rural rate relief and also in item 7 a) Planning application 14/00363/FUL as Foundation and Academy Trust Member

    d) To Consider Written Requests from Councillors for the Council to Grant a Dispensation (S33 of the Localism Act 2011): None received

The meeting was closed to allow parishioners present to speak on any matters relating to the Parish.

There were no questions at this point.

53/14    Minutes

    The Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 20th March 2014,     having been previously circulated, were approved and signed by the     Chairman as a correct record

54/14    Matters Arising & Progress Reports not Listed elsewhere on the Agenda

    a) Min 69c/13:    Anne Ballinger gift

    No additional suggestions were received.

Action: Councillors to continue to source ideas.

    b) Min 70d/13:     Cycle Route

    Cllr Adeney advised that she had received an email from Lindsey Kier to say that there was no funding forth coming from Sustrans, which meant there would be very little funding available to move forward with the project. Cllr Bass asked if the Parish Council could investigate getting funding from other sources if Lindsey Kier would provide them with the information she had submitted. Cllr Adeney agreed to contact Henry at Sustrans to find out exactly what had happened as his email to her had been quite positive.

Action: Cllr Adeney to contact Sustrans and Lindsey Kier to understand the proposals that were being put forward.

55/14 Finance:

a) Payment of Accounts: Members approved the payments of accounts as in the presented schedule in Appendix 1.

b) Notification of receipts received: None received.

c)To receive the Q4 finance report – the report had been circulated prior the meeting but copies were provided and discussed. A set of final accounts end of year accounts would be available at the Annual Meeting in May.

d)To consider the implications of the changes to finance regulations – it was agreed to wait until the May meeting when Cllr Taverner would be present to discuss the changes.

e) To receive notification of the external audit date of 1st July – date noted.

f) To consider application for Discretionary Rural Rate Relief for Messrs R A Phipps – Due to a declared interest Cllr Roberts left the room whilst the council discussed the agenda item and Cllr Atkinson took over the role of Chairman. He proposed that the Parish Council support the application but no contribution should be provided, this was seconded by all.

    Action: The Clerk to complete the form and return it to Malvern Hills DC

56/14 Projects related to the Section 106 Funding:

a) Cricket Club: Project still on hold but they have now elected a chairman so it was hoped that it would soon start moving.


    b) Parish Council: Cllr Lamb confirmed that the funding of the project had now entered into legal agreements with MHDC and the Clerk advised that the Big Lottery funding would shortly be transferred into the bank account. The next step would be to meet with the suppliers to discuss the quotations previously submitted.

     Action: The Clerk, Cllr Lamb and Cllr Roberts-Powell to arrange to meet the suppliers.

57/14    Planning: a) To consider planning applications referred by MHDC for comment:

14/00363/FUL         Proposed teaching block. Proposed classroom extension to main             teaching block to replace mobile classroom. Proposed extension to             Sports Hall to replace existing mobile classroom and extend                 changing room facilities.

                    Hanley Castle High School, Church End, Hanley Castle

The Council considered the application in great detail and raised concern over the increased traffic that the proposed changes would bring especially if it was to increase pupil and 6th form numbers. It would compound the existing traffic flow problems that the school encountered. After a long discussion it was agreed that no objections would be raised but a request for conditions to be applied to address the traffic issues, through the creation of a one-way system or parking areas be made. (please refer to item on NHP for comments re the school and arranging a meeting with the Governors, Head and County Education)

Action: The Clerk
to request that MHDC address the infrastructure issues with the relevant authorities.

    b) To consider under the Scheme of Delegation any Planning Applications received

between the publication of this agenda and the Meeting. None received

  1. Details of Decision Notices Received to-date:

14/00146/FUL – Oakmere Caravan Park, Hanley Swan,

            Extension of 11 month holiday season to use of site all year round

            Approved 13th April 2014

  1. Details of Appeal Notices Received to-date: None

    e) Possible Enforcement Actions Required:

     Gilberts End – No update

58/14    Highway Matters

a)Report & Works for the Lengthsman: – Cllr Taverner’s email was read out updating the Council on the Lengthsman’s work over the last month. It was agreed to ask if the lengthsman would strim the section of verge between St Gabriel’s Church and the village as it was looking out of keeping with other areas.

The Clerk advised that the VAS had been repaired and sent back and she would contact the lengthsman to collect it, check that it worked and place it in the appropriate location according the Gerry Brienza’s rota with the other two parishes. The Clerk advised that she had been contacted by a resident of Hanley Orchard who complained about the state of the footpath from Hanley Orchard to Westmere. It was reported to be covered in moss and very slippey. It was agreed to ask the lengthsman if he would clear it under the scheme as it came under the remit of work.

Action: The Clerk to speak with Peter Sauntson regarding the VAS, the pathway at Hanley Orchard and the verge by St Gabriel’s.

The Council talked of their disgust with the state of the road surface along Gilberts End. Some potholes had been marked for repair but there many more that had not been marked. The Council were disappointed that very little appeared to have been done following Cllr Atkinson’s initial meeting with Gerry Brienza and Gerry’s subsequent attendance at a meeting. It was decided that additional action was required and suggestions were made about shaming the County Council into action by going to the press and by writing to Harriet Baldwin. The MP was due to have a surgery in the village on the 9th of May and a member of the Parish Council would book an appointment to see her and talk to her about the state of the roads. It was also agreed to write Gerry Brienza and demand that all of the pot holes are filled not just the ones with orange dots.

b) Update on reported issues – i) Potholes on Coverfield, ii) Sign at the crossroads – both issues were still outstanding.

iii) 1 Roberts End – Holloway – CCllr Wells’ had emailed Cllr Taverner to arrange a meeting to discuss the pathway renovations. Cllr Taverner would be asked to make sure that the money is there to be allocated to the project.

Action: The Clerk to write to the hub, highways and Harriet Baldwin regarding potholes and Worcester Road.

59/14     District & County Councillors Reports

a) District Cllrs Morgan & Perry: Members not present.

b) County Cllr Tom Wells – Member not present.
His email to Cllr Taverner regarding to footpath at Roberts End was read out.


60/14 Reports of the:

    a) Parish Paths & Tree Warden: Peter Goodyear informed the Council that he had attended the Path Warden’s course and had met with the Countryside Officer within the parish and discussed the reported problems. He advised that the Countryside Team were looking to replace stiles with kissing gates at their cost and he asked if the Councillors could clarify ownership of certain sections of pathways so that the owners of stiles could be contacted. Cllrs Atkinson, Adeney and Harcombe assisted Mr Goodyear with ownership details.

    As Tree Warden he reported that Malcolm Fare had asked him for details of all Tree Preservation Orders in the Parish. There were 15 sites in total and he would shortly provide all their details to Malcolm.

    b) Pond Wardens: The pond warden’s report was read out and the poster they     had produced to deter people from feeding the ducks with bread was circulated.

c) Playing Field: None received but it was reported that the new contractors had not cut the grass ahead of the match as requested and Graham Holmes had to organise for it to be cut. The Clerk said she would contact Signature Gardens to find out what had occurred as she had specifically requested the field was cut ahead of the weekend and would also ask them to ensure they strimmed around the headstones in the Church yard as it appeared to have only been mown.

Action: The Clerk to contact Signature Gardens.

60/14    Environmental Matters

The Clerk had managed to contact a call centre used by Nexus residents to report problems and requested that the lower branches of the trees at Chapman’s Orchard be cut back. She was advised the request would be given to their contractor to be undertaken.

Cllr Adeney updated the Council on the verge and was pleased to report that wild flowers were growing and were hopefully self-seeding. The area required weeding with brambles to be cut back and possibly weed spraying in the next month.

Cllr Adeney went on to speak about the Litter Pick that took place on the 5th April. It was extremely well attended with approximately 30 people taking part. It was commented that there was thought to be less litter this year with very little litter around the Hanley Castle High school but there was a large amount along the main road to the show ground.

61/14 Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) – Cllr Lamb updated the Council on the Parish’s NDP. He advised that a submission had been made to MHDC to designate the Neighbourhood Area and that is should go out to consultation the first week of May until mid June. Subject areas had been identified and the Steering Group were working on scoping out the areas of work to be focused on. It had been agreed that a web presence was required and that the best solution would be to be on Hanley Village Society’s website. Cllr Lamb was intending to finalise a plan with timescales etc that could be circulated ahead of the next meeting.

    Under the planning item the issue of traffic attached to the school was discussed. It was agreed under the remit of the NHP to request a strategic meeting with Lindsey Cooke, the school governors and a member of County Education to look at possible solutions to the traffic problem and develop a long term plan to try to minimise the issue.

     Action: The NHP Steering group to organise a meeting with the school and County Council.

62/14    Correspondence

    a) WCC 10th Annual Parish Conference – The Clerk reminded the Councillors of     the conference on 30th April starting from 5.30pm at County Hall

    b)
ROSPA Annual Playground Report – The report would be circulated after the     meeting.

Action: The Clerk to circulate the ROSPA report.


    

63/14 Local Police Officer’s Crime report for March – Not received

Action: The Clerk to request an annual report and invite them to the May meeting.

64/14 Topics raised by Councillors, Committees, Clerk & Parishioners

    a) Bench Repairs – Cllr Bass’ email requesting approval for Chris Yates to repair     the Parish’s benches was read out and it was approved to reimburse Chris for any     costs incurred on presentation of receipts.

    b) Sites of value to the parish

    The Councillors asked if there was anything that could be done to influence the future of assets within the parish, example The Swan Pub. After a discussion it was decided to identify ‘assets of community value’ at the next meeting to become part of the NHP work.

    
Action: The Clerk to put ‘assets of community value’ on the agenda for the next meeting.

    c) New Sign for The Rhydd – Cllr Roberts asked if anyone was aware of the new sign for The Rhydd or where it had come from. Most of the Councillors had noticed it but did not know who had requested it. It was agreed to ask Tom Wells if he knew why it had been erected.

    Action: The Clerk to contact CCllr Wells to ask about the sign.

65/14    Date of Next Scheduled Meeting:    15th May 2014

The meeting closed at 8.55 pm

Signed ……………………………… Date: 15th May 2014

                        Chairman

Appendix 1:    Schedule of Receipts & Payments 17th April 2014

Payment of Accounts: The under mentioned accounts were approved:

                                        

Date Payee Description

Amount

17/4/14 New Farm Grounds Maintenance November & March Cut

£562.20

17/4/14 Peter Sauntson March Lengthsman Duties

£572

17/4/14 Playsafety Ltd ROSPA Inspection

£78

Total

£1212.20

Signed ……………………………………… Date: 15th May 2014

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s