Minutes for 20th Mar 2014

HANLEY CASTLE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council held on Thursday, 20th March 2014 starting at 7:00pm in Hanley Swan Village Hall.

Present:     Councillors:    Sue Roberts (Chairman) Tony Atkinson John Taverner Robert Lamb Sue Adeney

Apologies: Cllr Wendy Roberts-Powell Cllr Jackie Bass Peter Goodyear (PPW)

In Attendance:     Rebecca Abunassar (Clerk) 2 Parishioners

34/14 Welcome: The chairman welcomed the parishioners present.

35/14     Declarations of Interest

a) Register of Interests: Councillors were reminded of the need to update their register of interests.

b) To declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in items on the agenda and their nature: None Declared

c) To declare any Other Disclosable Interests in items on the agenda and their nature: None Declared

    d) To Consider Written Requests from Councillors for the Council to Grant a Dispensation (S33 of the Localism Act 2011): None received.

The meeting was closed to allow parishioners present to speak on any matters relating to the Parish.

There were no questions at this point.

36/14    Minutes

The Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 20th March 2014

having been previously circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman as a correct record

37/14    Matters Arising & Progress Reports not Listed elsewhere on the Agenda

    a) Min 69c/13:    Anne Ballinger gift

    No additional suggestions were received.

Action: Councillors to continue to source ideas.

    b) Min 70d/13:     Cycle Route

    Cllr Adeney advised that she had still not heard back from Sustrans or the County Council even though they had said the decision was pending a month ago. Lindsey Cooke knew nothing about it and it was still unclear as to what was being proposed. Cllr Adeney would keep the pressure.

Action: Cllr Adeney to continue to request action by the County Council.

    Min 07/14c: Upton LibraryCllr Sue Roberts agreed to be put forward as Hanley Castle Parish Council’s nominated trustee.

    Action: Clerk to inform Upton.

38/14 Finance:

a) Payment of Accounts: Members approved the payments of accounts as in the presented schedule in Appendix 1.

b) Notification of receipts received: None received.

c)To consider tenders received for grass cutting.

After careful consideration of the submitted tenders it was agreed to award a one year contract to Signature Gardens. The Clerk was asked to write to New Farm Ground Maintenance and explain that the Parish Councillors are custodians of public money and therefore due to the significant savings that could be made they felt they had to award it to the other contractor. This was no reflection on the quality of their work.

Action: The Clerk to notify Signature Gardens and write to New Farm

39/14 Projects related to the Section 106 Funding:

a) Cricket Club: No update available but Cllr Roberts will continue to be kept in the loop and encourage them to get moving on the application.


    b) Parish Council: Cllr Lamb confirmed that the project had now entered into legal agreements with both the Big Lottery and MHDC so things were progressing.

     Action: The Clerk, Cllr Lamb and Cllr Roberts-Powell to continue to move forward with the funding.

40/14    Planning: a) To consider planning applications referred by MHDC for comment:

14/00146/FUL – Oakmere Caravan Park, Hanley Swan,

            Extension of 11 month holiday season to use of site all year round

The Council considered the application and raised concern about the possibility of it becoming residential and therefore it would need the register of permanent addresses to be kept. The Council asked the Clerk to check the previously submitted comments on the original application and circulate.

14/00273/OUT – Booth End Cottage, 45 Gilberts End Lane, Hanley Castle, WR8 0BX          Outline application for new dwelling with all matters reserved.

        On considering the application the council commented that it was still within the garden curtilage but it was a large plot and the applicants were only applying to put one house on it and therefore no objections were raised.

    b) To consider under the Scheme of Delegation any Planning Applications received

between the publication of this agenda and the Meeting. None received

  1. Details of Decision Notices Received to-date:

14/00012/FUL –     Change of use of agricultural land to garden

            Oak View, Gilberts End, Hanley Castle, Worcestershire, WR8 0AS

            Approved 21st February 2014

13/01381-S73 – Removal of conditions 4 and 6 of planning permission 97/01195/FUL             for –     Change of use from abattoir to repair and maintenance of             garden estate agricultural vehicles and machinery

            Former Abattoir, Adj Cobwebs Folly, Hanley Swan, WR8 0EF

            Approved 5th March 2014

TPO 534 (2014) – Sundew, Worcester Rd, Hanley Swan

             Tree preservation order from 7th March 2014 on an oak tree

             To be reviewed in six months

  1. Details of Appeal Notices Received to-date: None

    e) Possible Enforcement Actions Required:

     Gilberts End – No update

41/14    Highway Matters

a)Report & Works for the Lengthsman:

Cllr Lamb said that he was very happy with the work that has been done on Quay Lane. The VAS Machine had been sent to the manufacturer for repair and it was anticipated that the costs would be below £350. It was also agreed that the existing locations would be put forward to share with Upton.

b) Update on reported issues – i) Potholes on Coverfield, ii) Sign at the crossroads – both issues were still outstanding.

iii) 1 Roberts End – Holloway – CCllr Wells’ request was discussed, the Councillors were astonished at the small amount of pathway that would be repaired for £17,500. It was reported that CCllr Tom Wells was trying to organise a meeting to discuss the proposal as the main cost was the kerbing. Cllr Atkinson advised that Gilberts End was still in a very bad state and asked the Clerk to speak to Gerry Brienza to see if there was anything he could do. It was also mentioned that that there was a large pothole by Sink Farm on Hangman’s Lane. Roberts End opposite Horton Manor was also in a very poor state with a large pothole.

Action: The Clerk to write to the hub regarding potholes and await response from the owners of Home Farm.

43/14     District & County Councillors Reports

a) District Cllrs Morgan & Perry: Members not present.

b) County Cllr Tom Wells – Member not present


44/14 Reports of the:

    a) Parish Paths Warden: Peter Goodyear’s emailed report was read out by the Clerk.

    b) Pond Wardens: None received.

c) Playing Field: None received.

45/14    Environmental Matters

    Cllr Adeney updated the Council on the verge, there were signs of bulbs growing in     clumps of 4. Tidying work would need to be done in the near future with more     brambles needing to be cut back. It was noted that something was flowering out     of season but it was all looking reasonably good.

    Cllr Adeney went on to talk about the Parish Litter Pick which was scheduled for

    the 5th April – it would follow the usual plan, with bacon sandwiches being     provided. It would be announced at various meetings to spread the word. Cllr     Adeney would organise the appropriate equipment required with Gordon Morris. It     was agreed that it was very bad around the Three Counties end so would be     worth asking Gordon to arrange for someone to collect it from there as there     would be a lot to collect.

Cllr Adeney also asked what the position was with Nexus Housing and cutting back the lower branches to allow access to strim the verge.

The Clerk explained that she had continually tried contacting Nexus by email and phone and would now try and make contact through their head office to try and get it resolved. The Clerk was also asked to remind Nexus that they also need to let the Council know if people residing at Chapman’s Orchard have changed.

Oak Tree on the village green – the Clerk confirmed that the required work had been undertaken by Adrian Hope.

Action: The Clerk to phone Nexus Head Office to ask if the tree work could be undertaken.

46/14 Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) – Cllr Lamb thanked everyone for attending the meeting, he was extremely pleased with the attendance. However, whilst lots of people gave contact details to be informed of progress, not many had signed up to contribute, the Clerk had recorded only 10. A steering group meeting had been held on the 17th March and it had been agreed that more people would be required to assist. The Steering Group had identified 6 major topic areas which they had agreed to scope out and would hopefully be at a stage to start working on them soon. Cllr Lamb had been invited to and attended a NHP meeting at Welland Parish Council, he advised that they were slightly more advanced but seemed to be making fairly slow progress after their initial first meetings. They were looking at organising training and would like to involve Hanley Castle.

    The Chairman thanked Cllr Lamb for his presentation at the event on the 10th March and all his and the Councillors hard work in making the event a success.

47/14    Correspondence

    a) David Clarke Neighbourhood Planning Workshop Invitation – The Clerk informed the Council of the workshop on 25th March 5pm at MHDC. Cllr Taverner and the Clerk expressed their intention to attend the meeting and report back at the April meeting. They were asked if they could enquire how long it took Much Wenlock to produce their plan.

Action: The Clerk and Cllr Taverner to report back at the next meeting.

    b) Review of the Polling Stations – Circulated prior to meeting, response required by 4th April – The Council agreed they were happy will the proposed polling stations within the parish.

    c) Upton Library representative – Following an email from Upton Town Clerk     Cllr Roberts agreed to be the representative for Hanley Castle Parish Council on     committee of trustees but asked to seek confirmation as to the timings of the     meetings.

Action: The Clerk to pass Cllr Roberts details to Jo Adams and ask about the timings of the meetings.


    

48/14 Local Police Officer’s Crime report for February – Not received.

49/14 Topics raised by Councillors, Committees, Clerk & Parishioners

a) Traffic Management at the Three Counties 1/03/2014 -Cllr Taverner had emailed Ken Nottage to ask why the traffic was so bad at the Tractor event on the 1st March. He had not had a response back from Ken Nottage at the time of the meeting. It was thought that the severe weather might have caused the problem but they did not divert the traffic off to the left as they would normally do and it backed up through Hanley Swan. The Clerk was asked to email and ask why, if the event was known as the biggest tractor show in UK, it did not have had better signage.

Action: The Clerk to email Ken Nottage.

    b) Parish Meeting – The Parish Meeting would be held in May prior to the May meeting of the Parish Council and it was agreed that there was no need to invite anyone as a speaker.

    c) Sites of value to the area that aren’t listed

    Cllr Adeney asked about sites of value that were not listed in the previously circulated document and the Clerk was asked to contact MHDC and ask what the process was to have additional sites listed.

    d) Chancel repairs – Robina Rand talked to the Parish Council about Chancel repairs and she confirmed that there was no entry for Hanley Castle Parish in the official record.

    e) Question regarding speeding on Gilberts End – a parishioner asked the Council about possible action that could be taken to stop vehicles speeding along Gilberts End as it was becoming a regular problem especially early morning. He was advised to contact Rod Reynolds (Safer Roads Partnership) but it was agreed that the Parish Council would also raise the problem with Allen and with Gerry Brienza and ask about the possibility of having camera van on the road.

Action: The Clerk to contact Rod Reynolds and Gerry Brienza.

50/14    Date of Next Scheduled Meeting:    17th April 2014

The meeting closed at 8.55 pm

Signed ……………………………… Date: 17th April 2014

                        Chairman

Appendix 1:    Schedule of Receipts & Payments 20th March 2014

Payment of Accounts: The under mentioned accounts were approved:

                                        

Date Payee Description

Amount

20/03 Ian Thompson 5 year Web access

£30

20/03 Hall’s Rent 25/03-28/09/14

£125

20/03 Peter Sauntson February Lengthsman Duties

£819

20/03 Mrs Abunassar March Pay

£332.29

20/03 M Waggett (S Roberts) Paving Slabs in playarea

£20

 20/03 Bob Lamb NHP Meeting expenses

£16.81

Total

£1343.1

Signed ……………………………………… Date: 17th April 2014

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s